User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User JonBradley
(learned) Tue 03-Jul-12 14:32:24
Print Post

BT Infinity - DSL light on modem gone off,

[link to this post]

A bit of back story. I originally arranged a moving data from my current flat to a new new house today. This was cancelled and put back to a new date over 2 weeks ago. Around midday today i've found that my broadband has gone off (router can't get an IP)

At first the DSL light was still on the modem. Having gone through a 30 minute call with BT they have logged it as a fault and sware blind they haven't turned off my broadband and messed up the dates. The DSL light is now off on the modem, and still no connection.

What does no light mean? I assume it means no connection? Its weird that its only gone off since they have logged the fault. I'm also not sure its a coincidence this has happened on my original disconnection day!
Standard User burakkucat
(experienced) Tue 03-Jul-12 16:20:46
Print Post

Re: BT Infinity - DSL light on modem gone off,

[re: JonBradley] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by JonBradley:
A bit of back story. I originally arranged a moving data from my current flat to a new new house today. This was cancelled and put back to a new date over 2 weeks ago. Around midday today i've found that my broadband has gone off (router can't get an IP)

At first the DSL light was still on the modem. Having gone through a 30 minute call with BT they have logged it as a fault and sware blind they haven't turned off my broadband and messed up the dates. The DSL light is now off on the modem, and still no connection.

What does no light mean? I assume it means no connection? Its weird that its only gone off since they have logged the fault. I'm also not sure its a coincidence this has happened on my original disconnection day!
It means that there is no synchronisation between the modem (the active CPE) and the DSLAM in the fibre cabinet.

It does read rather suspiciously like a foo-bar has taken place somewhere within the BT Group plc environment. frown

100% Linux and, previously, Unix.
Standard User JonBradley
(learned) Tue 03-Jul-12 17:30:36
Print Post

[re: burakkucat] [link to this post]

I'm sure they won't care but i've now informed them if its not back on by tomorrow morning i will be cancelling the order for the new house and going with Virgin fibre. I've been with BT for years but this has been pretty pathetic.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User JonBradley
(learned) Wed 04-Jul-12 21:04:39
Print Post

I can now confirm that BT have turned the Broadband off on the wrong date. Email has gone into the chairman's office.
Standard User techguy
(committed) Wed 04-Jul-12 21:20:41
Print Post

I assume you told them immediately that the date had changed?

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen Lite 8000
Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.
Standard User JonBradley
(regular) Thu 05-Jul-12 10:29:36
Print Post

[re: techguy] [link to this post]

Yep the date was changed over 2 weeks ago. They have also not disconnected the phoneline. Somewhere someone has forgotten to change the broadband move date.

The spent all of Tuesday swearing blind that i had not been disconnected. Pretty annoyed about the situation.
  Print Thread

Jump to