User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User nigelspencer
(newbie) Tue 18-Sep-12 11:36:17
Print Post

Infinity Port fault at cabinet - coming up to a month

[link to this post]

This Thursday (18th) marks 4 weeks since I logged a fault with my Infinity connection. Until then I was getting 23/5 however since then I was getting 10K/5Mb - yes 10k.

4 engineers have visited, all have said that it's the port. 2 engineers haven't turned up because they were cancelled and my fault log with BT shows resolved.

All 4 engineers have said that there is no space in the cabinet - nothing done so far. Support in India keep ringing me up and asking how my broadband is now and trying to tell me that the Engineers tested it and it can do 27M - what they omit to say is that the same Engineer gave up waiting for the BT speedtest to show in his browser and reported all this back to BT - but that doesn't seem to figure.

I don't know what to do next. The engineers are very pleasant but all tell me that the fault is something they can't fix. I've logged it with the BT forum moderators but they seem to be struggling too.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Tue 18-Sep-12 20:41:16
Print Post

Re: Infinity Port fault at cabinet - coming up to a month

[re: nigelspencer] [link to this post]

If there are no ports left in the cabinet, surely they need to install another cabinet?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________
  Print Thread

Jump to