User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User DrDeath
(member) Tue 18-Sep-12 21:30:22
Print Post

FTTC just instaled. Upload capped at 0.5mbps! Please help.

[link to this post]

Hi, I have just had Infinity installed and obtain a download rate of 12mbps which is about double what i was getting on ADSL2 with BE, so that is acceptable. but the upload speed seems to be locked at 0.5mbps !

I was getting 1.2mbps on old ADSL2 with a 4km line length...

I cant upload anymore than 0.58mbps on anything i try or on any test. Is this a well known problem ? Can someone help me? I would rather have ADSL2 back if the upload is going to be stuck like this forever.

Many tanks in advance for your time.

Here is what i get if i run the BT speed tester.. BT Speed test image.

_ _ _ _ _
Stage one: Signed up for pipex 1pm May 31st
Stage two: Received Email verification with order number 6 pm May 31st
Stage three: Sent old 56k modem off to pipex by special delivery June 1st 10:30 am
Stage four Received Email Telling me login details have been sent 1st class, and activation within 10 working days prior to further line tests smile 13:30 Thur 6th June
Stage Five ACTIVATED June 11th 6 days early !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by DrDeath (Tue 18-Sep-12 21:51:56)

Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Tue 18-Sep-12 22:52:24
Print Post

Re: FTTC just instaled. Upload capped at 0.5mbps! Please hel

[re: DrDeath] [link to this post]

As mentioned in the other thread .... give it a couple of days, and if not sorted, share the pain and ring CS. See what an engineering visit can do.

Standard User StephenTodd
(committed) Wed 19-Sep-12 10:03:49
Print Post

There are cases where the BT tester grossly understates upload speeds. The worst I saw it gave a value of 5Mbps when I was really getting 17Mbps, so not nearly as bad as yours.

Try testing with http://mcslhr.visualware.com/myspeed/myspeed_line_ca... which gives the most reliable upload tests I have seen.

--
Moved (with trepidation) to BT Infinity 2 for upload speed. Happy BE user for several years.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User DrDeath
(member) Fri 21-Sep-12 20:46:40
Print Post

Upload still stuck at dead on 0.58mbps on every test I try. Tried restarting modem and router. Made no difference. 0.58mbps still.

BTcare please look at my case? Or please inform me how to contact you directly without having to go through India.

Many thanks.

_ _ _ _ _
Stage one: Signed up for pipex 1pm May 31st
Stage two: Received Email verification with order number 6 pm May 31st
Stage three: Sent old 56k modem off to pipex by special delivery June 1st 10:30 am
Stage four Received Email Telling me login details have been sent 1st class, and activation within 10 working days prior to further line tests smile 13:30 Thur 6th June
Stage Five ACTIVATED June 11th 6 days early !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 21-Sep-12 21:02:06
Print Post

The email address here.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.0/13.9Mbps @ 600m.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User jchamier
(knowledge is power) Fri 21-Sep-12 21:28:01
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
The email address here.

Technically the web link in the email field, which when clicked puts it into your email client. Hmm!

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4950

James - BT Infinity 2 - 19th Sept 2012 - Sync: 52/12 - Test: 50/10 - Est: 44.6/6.5 Mbps
13 years of broadband - ntl:(512k/1M)/BTbusiness(2M)/Metronet(2M)/Bulldog(8M/16M)/BE(16M)/BT FTTC(50M)
  Print Thread

Jump to