User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User think26872
(committed) Mon 24-Sep-12 19:23:36
Print Post

Does BT email when you sign up for Infinity and questions?

[link to this post]

I am considering signing up for BT Infinity and would like to know what emails and when you receive from BT after placing an order?

When the engineer comes to install do you have to use the BT Homehub or can you just connect straight away with your own router?

I assume you connect via PPPOE do BT send you the password in an email? Doing a search some people suggest you use the following details but I have also found reference to yourname@bt with a proper password? Do anyone know what the current authentication process is being used?

Username:bthomehub@btinternet.com
Password : <Blank> , a space or a value.

Are people experiencing congestion and do not get full speed at times or do most people seem to be lucky and keep full speed all the time?

Thanks
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Mon 24-Sep-12 19:35:09
Print Post

Re: Does BT email when you sign up for Infinity and question

[re: think26872] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by think26872:
I am considering signing up for BT Infinity and would like to know what emails and when you receive from BT after placing an order?
When you order, you choose a BT email address and password. They send you emails confirming the order etc. to this address.
When the engineer comes to install do you have to use the BT Homehub or can you just connect straight away with your own router?
No you can use your own router.
I assume you connect via PPPOE do BT send you the password in an email? Doing a search some people suggest you use the following details but I have also found reference to yourname@bt with a proper password? Do anyone know what the current authentication process is being used?

Username:bthomehub@btinternet.com
Password : <Blank> , a space or a value.
For the residential service there's no password and the username is bthomehub@btbroadband.com.
Are people experiencing congestion and do not get full speed at times or do most people seem to be lucky and keep full speed all the time?

Thanks
Full speed 24*7.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________

Edited by BatBoy (Mon 24-Sep-12 19:36:42)

Standard User jchamier
(knowledge is power) Mon 24-Sep-12 22:19:55
Print Post

Re: Does BT email when you sign up for Infinity and question

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
When you order, you choose a BT email address and password. They send you emails confirming the order etc. to this address.

I logged in to my existing BT account (for phone line) when I placed my order. All the information about my order, including the new email address and password I selected, were sent to my existing BT account email address. Exactly where I wanted them. I'm ignoring the BT email account.

No you can use your own router.

The engineer will fit and install both the openreach modem and the BT homehub - but as soon as he leaves you can unplug the ethernet cable from the HomeHub and plug in your own. Don't forget it needs an ethernet WAN port and to do PPPoE.

For the residential service there's no password and the username is bthomehub@btbroadband.com.

Concur - that's all I set in my Draytek 2820. Some routers complain about blank passwords which is where people have used spaces etc. I gather you can use your BT email address and password as well, but I've not tried this.

Full speed 24*7.

Same here.

James BT Infinity 2 - 19/9/2012 - Install-sync: 52/12 - Test: 50/10 - Est: 44.6/6.5 Mbps
13 years of broadband - ntl:(512k/1M)/BTbusiness(2M)/Metronet(2M)/Bulldog(8M/16M)/BE(16M)/BT FTTC(50M)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to