User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Littleseen
(regular) Wed 26-Sep-12 16:43:09
Print Post

Extra mailbox

[link to this post]

Am considering migrating my ISP to BT. Problem, answers possible plz?

Wife & I have two standalone XP tower computers connecting to web via a landline Netgear 834 router. Each have our own personal e-mail address & the router (or maybe the ISP?) sorts the incoming so she gets hers & I get mine, never the twain shall meet. For this service I pay my ISP £30 a year for the second mailbox as they tell me that is how it has to be done otherwise the incomings will be jumbled. As we are both aged 83 we don't want that!

If we migrate to BT how do I get our e-mails sorted and how much will it cost us?

Obscurity is a comfortable cloak
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 26-Sep-12 17:51:52
Print Post

Re: Extra mailbox

[re: Littleseen] [link to this post]

Who is your ISP? It is possible with some ISPs to retain your mailboxes after you leave.

You will have 2 distinct email addys which will be stored separately on the ISP's email sever. They are downloaded to your individual PCs by the settings you have made in your particular email clients. But there is nothing to stop you downloading your emails to other PCs or even to your wife's PC; all you need to do is add a few settings to your email client.

So you are really asking is whether BT can provide 2 distinct email mailboxes under 1 BB a/c and how much cost?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Wed 26-Sep-12 17:56:49
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Zen

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User elevator
(regular) Wed 26-Sep-12 18:35:52
Print Post

BT you get 5 mailboxes the master has control of all but you can download as individual ***********@btinternet.com
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 26-Sep-12 19:14:59
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Do they allow retention of mailboxes?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User radiomarko
(experienced) Sat 29-Sep-12 13:45:08
Print Post

Answers to both points here

http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/email/emailmenu.html

Just realised the owner limits access to BT users... so

Email boxes

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProduc...

-.-. --.-
BT ADSL2+, 2Wire, online since 1987. Macs since 1979. Dreambox fun. Advanced Radio Amateur Licence and an anorak.

Edited by radiomarko (Sat 29-Sep-12 13:47:52)

Print Thread

Jump to