User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User dunkos
(newbie) Fri 05-Oct-12 15:20:45
Print Post

BT Wifi Homehub usage

[link to this post]

I am current using my BT account unlimited wifi minutes to login to my own hub on the "BT WIFI" ssid to download a few gigs of game files so to not use up my 40gig allowance on my broadband account.

I have noticed though when connected to the "BT WIFI" ssid and downloading files, this is adding to the total data received in the homehub stats. Is this just an amount of general data received through the router? and if so, can BT tell the difference between general broadband use and BT Wifi use on the same router just by looking at traffic for the two different IP addresses?

Finally I assume its ok to use my unlimited Wifi minutes to save on my allowance?

Thanks
Standard User jchamier
(knowledge is power) Fri 05-Oct-12 16:03:38
Print Post

Re: BT Wifi Homehub usage

[re: dunkos] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by dunkos:
Finally I assume its ok to use my unlimited Wifi minutes to save on my allowance?

I have no idea, but you can see your account's usage in MyBT - alongside your phone bill.

See if that records the downloads you've used from the WiFi.

James BT Infinity 2 19/09/2012 - Estimate 44.6/6.5 - Install 52/12 - Actual 46 / 8 Mbps
13 years of broadband - ntl:(512k/1M)/BTbusiness(2M)/Metronet(2M)/Bulldog(8M/16M)/BE(16M)/BT FTTC(50M)
  Print Thread

Jump to