User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User RiffRaff
(knowledge is power) Wed 21-Nov-12 19:42:45
Print Post

BT Wi-fi cloud reliable? Is the hit on your own broadband...

[link to this post]

...noticable?

tx

O2 Home Broadband, Phone, Mobile
Pssst; O2's Broadband service has gone downhill fast in 2012, look elsewhere - I am!
Standard User StephenTodd
(committed) Wed 21-Nov-12 20:11:56
Print Post

Re: BT Wi-fi cloud reliable? Is the hit on your own broadban

[re: RiffRaff] [link to this post]

I've never noticed any hit; but I live in an area where it is pretty unlikely anyone will use it.

On the other hand, I've never found anywhere that I can usefully take advantage of anyone else's.

--
Moved (with trepidation) to BT Infinity 2 for upload speed. Happy BE user for several years.
Standard User kitcat
(member) Wed 21-Nov-12 20:34:55
Print Post

It appears to be a different Vlan so doesn't appear in the bandwidth used, same as BT Vision (which means streaming iPlayer to the TV doesn't get counted either).

I have never noticed it affect the speed either (even on 6Mb) as it is limited to a max of 512Kb. On Fibre now so don't expect to notice.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MHC
(sensei) Wed 21-Nov-12 21:38:28
Print Post

I have never noticed any difference on my connection - maybe because no one can actually see my OZ hotspot!

Just recently I have been having an issue with one particular website - refusing to load, but if I connect to my OZ hotspot it is fine. So I have been using that quite a lot and no one else here has seen any impact.

What I have noticed and will try again later is that the total upload speed may be greater than my capped speed - it could be an oddity of measuring so managed tests are needed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
  Print Thread

Jump to