User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User paulgul
(newbie) Fri 14-Dec-12 14:18:00
Print Post

Line installation charge with BB packages

[link to this post]

I have a friend who doesn't have a BT landline and would have to pay the full installation fee(£130). I see on their web site the the BB packages state "connection included", is this just the BB connecton that is included assuming a line is already there or are they offering the full installation in the package. I see there an 18 month contract but I don't see a problem with that.
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Fri 14-Dec-12 14:23:08
Print Post

Re: Line installation charge with BB packages

[re: paulgul] [link to this post]

At a guess it is just the BB connection. Other ISPs often charge that as a separate item.

There are often offers for BT landlines - free or £25 or £50 provided a 24 month contract is agreed so worth looking for one of those too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 14-Dec-12 17:35:48
Print Post

In reply to a post by paulgul:
I see on their web site the the BB packages state "connection included", is this just the BB connection that is included assuming a line is already there or are they offering the full installation in the package.
It's quite clear; it's everything! If you bother to click on the "Connection included" you will see the overlay "If you need a new line you won't pay a penny for connection (normally £130)".

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 14-Dec-12 23:27:31
Print Post

As well as what has been said already, don't forget that there can be substantial cashback offers on Quidco and TopCashBack. (Make sure he clears cookies before going through them to order, and that the free line installation still applies using that route).

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.0/14.9Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
  Print Thread

Jump to