User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User scragglymonk
(knowledge is power) Fri 21-Dec-12 13:36:42
Print Post

BT's FUP

[link to this post]

Keep getting calls from BT along the lines of have I heard about their new service ? actually had it installed a few weeks before their first offer smile

The service is apparently unlimited, unless you go over the FUP which is either 100 or 300 GB and then the 55 mb line will drop to 0.5 mb for the rest of the month as punishment

During that time, the service will not be any use for streaming music, films or playing online games

BT sales guy was apparently not aware of the issue or implications...

plus they ban various torrent sites even if those sites are offering music promoted by the artists in a bid to get more exposure...

Windows is now a 64 bit tweak of a 32 bit extension to a 16 bit user interface for an 8 bit operating system based on a 4 bit architecture from a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition. Merula FTTC
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Fri 21-Dec-12 13:43:41
Print Post

Re: BT's FUP

[re: scragglymonk] [link to this post]

What's the new service called?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 21-Dec-12 13:56:31
Print Post

Did you carry on the conversation in a way to establish which service the spamming caller was actually going to try to sell you?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.0/14.9Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User scragglymonk
(knowledge is power) Fri 21-Dec-12 21:55:32
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

had a 10 min chat with the guy, he had never come across BT nerfing anyone's connection and was interested to find out

the speed increase from 35 to 55 mb would be of interest

the likely drop after the 1st, maybe the 2nd week to 0.5 mb as a "punishment" is not of interest

Windows is now a 64 bit tweak of a 32 bit extension to a 16 bit user interface for an 8 bit operating system based on a 4 bit architecture from a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition. Merula FTTC
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 21-Dec-12 22:17:26
Print Post

You've lost me completely. Not only do I not know what "nerfing" means, it begins to sound as if you aren't aware he was talking utter balderdash. I thought your opening post was making a joke about the lunacy of what he said. Now I'm not so sure you were.

Years ago they had a 100GB FUP. That was upped to 300GB. That was removed and it went unlimited download GBs in April 2011.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.

Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 22-Dec-12 00:20:41
Print Post

Gamer talk! Doesn't realise we're not all gamers.

Was he spammed? I read it that he gets BT sales calls, talking rubbish, after he'd already joined them, but he's not very clear frown

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 22-Dec-12 11:11:33
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

See my first reply to him. It had to be a spammer for something, or else a mammoth cockup by whoever employs him to push BT.

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 22-Dec-12 11:26:45
Print Post

See my first reply to him. Still waiting for an answer.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________
Standard User zebedee
(knowledge is power) Sun 23-Dec-12 00:14:18
Print Post

Sounds like another case of an outsourced call center with p*** poor training frown

The original Zebedee since 2001
Standard User zebedee
(knowledge is power) Sun 23-Dec-12 00:15:38
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

in reply to "See my first reply to him. Still waiting for an answer"

There is no 'new' service - the salesman was referring to BT Infinity. Try and keep up tongue

The original Zebedee since 2001

Edited by zebedee (Sun 23-Dec-12 00:17:25)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to