User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User KevinMo
(learned) Mon 07-Jan-13 10:30:43
Print Post

Ordered BT Infinity, a huge mistake ?

[link to this post]

Have I made a huge mistake in ordering BT Infinity.

Hub promised for delivery last Thursday, waited in all day but it didn't arrive. Waited in Friday morning, Royal Mail claim it was delivered 8am Friday morning, but it wasn't. [ Ok Royal mail problem not BT]

Phoned BT Friday Morning, promised immediate despatch of new hub for Monday delivery [ in parallel to escalation with Royal Mail about original delivery].

Monday morning, phoned BT again as I have still not got a tracking number for new hub. BT now claim that new Hub will not now be delivered until Tuesday AND are unable to provide a new tracking number. [Their engineer is due Wednesday]. BT call centre staff refused to put me through to complaints as they operate a 24hr call back for that !!

AARRGH.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 07-Jan-13 10:39:07
Print Post

Re: Ordered BT Infinity, a huge mistake ?

[re: KevinMo] [link to this post]

Get one of these. It's what I use. A spare is always useful.

Though you can connect a single machine direct to the modem without a router.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.0/14.9Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Mon 07-Jan-13 10:46:00
Print Post

Do you have the Tracking Number for the original?

What is the exact wording it gives?

Royal Mail did this to me just before Christmas - again with a BT hub. Hammer Royal Mail about it as they seem to treat BT deliveries badly - my Wednesday despatch should have been here on Thursday, but the RM site moved it to Friday and it was out for delivery all day but did not arrive. Then, it was "delivered" at 08:00 exactly on Saturday - but he finally appeared with it at 11:10 and denied doing a delivery scan at 08:00.

Tell RM you want answers and you want them by 14:00 today - you are not prepared to wait longer. Indicate that their claim to have delivered is a lie and potentially fraud. Insist that the next delivery will be expedited and delivered before 09:00 tomorrow - they will say no, but it can be done with the depot manager's intervention.

To get over the problem, you might be able to use your existing hub - what is it? Someone should be able to advise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User KevinMo
(learned) Mon 07-Jan-13 10:55:21
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

Thanks. I'm supposedly upgrading from normal broadband to Fibre so my ancient Belkin wireless router no good for that. RM depo/office is only a couple of miles away so I might go camp there for the day !!
Standard User camallison
(newbie) Mon 07-Jan-13 10:59:18
Print Post

I had a very similar problem with Royal Mail - a postie drove up at high speed at 3pm one day and pushed an "unable to deliver" card through the letterbox. I was waiting for the Openreach parcel and saw this happen out of a side window. Then I immediately phoned the depot and spoke to the depot manager, telling him what had happened. Give him his due, he had phoned the postie on his mobile and instructed him to deliver the parcel.

What they are doing is ensuring that they finish their round early so that they can go off onto a second job they have. It is quicker to sit in a layby and write out all the cards than wait at each house for the occupant to come to the door and sign for the parcel.

The next day, the depot manager came to the house and apologised, saying that the postie no longer worked for Royal Mail.

Your problem is with Royal Mail, not Openreach, although I think they could give you a tracking number for the 2nd shipment.

Once you get Infinity installed, you will look back on this as a minor irritant.
Standard User greenglide
(experienced) Mon 07-Jan-13 11:01:26
Print Post

Have I made a huge mistake in ordering BT Infinity

Seems a bit of an over reaction confused

The fact that Royal Mail have failed to deliver the parcel will have no impact on the broadband service that BT deliver to you.

Even if you do not have the router by the install date doesnt stop the connection being used by a single PC connected to the modem.

It will be fine. The Home Hub isnt worth worrying about anyway - get a proper one if you don't already have one. Remember that any router with a WAN connection will do - just don't use the modem part if it is a ADSL modem / router.

BT Infinity 2 - IP profile 77 / 20 - super fast!
Previously BE Unlimited - 21,000 Download 1,200 Upload but then moved house - 6,500 Down, 1Mb/s up - gutted!
Ex <n>ildram , been to SKY MAX - 15,225 Download
Standard User Bob_s2
(experienced) Mon 07-Jan-13 11:02:48
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

Whether it is tracked or not depends on who delivers it. Royal Mail who handle small packages do not have a tracking system. Parcleforce do
Standard User KevinMo
(learned) Mon 07-Jan-13 11:07:04
Print Post

[re: greenglide] [link to this post]

over reaction maybe lol. just sat here fuming. Doesn't help that my sons infinity dropped from 20Mb to 2Mb last week and BT engineer failed to show up on 2 consecutive days !
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Mon 07-Jan-13 11:07:43
Print Post

[re: Bob_s2] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Bob_s2:
Whether it is tracked or not depends on who delivers it. Royal Mail who handle small packages do not have a tracking system. Parcleforce do

WHY DO YOU PERSIST IN CONTINUALLY POSTING WRONG, FALSE AND MISLEADING INFORMATION.

And this is another example of your attitude. The sooner you are permanently banned the better.

I cannot be even bother to prove that your post is yet another example.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User uno
(knowledge is power) Mon 07-Jan-13 11:08:29
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

The only problem that could be faced is that engineers are claiming they can't do the install without it and refuse to proceed.

We've even had this, having to argue with an engineer to explain that the Home Hub is only for BT (Retail) customers and not ours is becoming more common.

Matt

uno Broadband
t: 0808 221 8642
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Sheffield Speedtest.net Host
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to