User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User astroman
(newbie) Mon 07-Jan-13 16:19:43
Print Post

Ordered Infinity

[link to this post]

Friday I ordered my upgrade to Infinity, at the end of the order process it gave me an activation date of 11/1/2013.

I received my order confirmation email straight away but am still awaiting a 2nd email from them. My order is not yet showing in My BT, and the first email says ring them if I have not heard anything after 5 days.

My question is, how reliable is the activation date, as I will have to book Friday off work and should I be concerned my order is not showing yet?

Thanks
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Mon 07-Jan-13 16:28:10
Print Post

Re: Ordered Infinity

[re: astroman] [link to this post]

Wait until tomorrow to see if it shows up. Even if it does, call to make sure the visit is booked for Friday.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User astroman
(newbie) Mon 07-Jan-13 16:35:26
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

will do

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User astroman
(newbie) Tue 08-Jan-13 13:38:38
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

I phoned BT today to chase my upgrade, the guy in CS said something along the lines of my order hadn't been closed off. He left me on hold to try and find out what was happening with the engineer booking as I had been given an activation date of 11/1/2013.

He came back and said he was having a problem wiith the system and would keep trying and phone me later with some news.

If I now try and track my order, whereas since Friday it has been saying "order Pending" it now says "order cancelled".

Can anyone shed any light on this and what should my next move be?

Many thanks
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Tue 08-Jan-13 14:05:17
Print Post

Sounds like your order has been cancelled, probably with the intention of reordering. I think it takes a day to clear from their systems, so my advice would be to call them tomorrow and remain on the phone till you have a VOL number with an installation date you are happy with.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________
Standard User adebov
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 08-Jan-13 18:40:26
Print Post

This all sounds very familiar (a very similar thing happened to my original order 18 months ago).
Just keep tabs on what BT retail do with your old order and new order.
Just make sure you only end up paying one lot of activation charges and only one HomeHub (I ended up with two lots of activation charges, line rental and two HomeHubs), after a lot of back 'n' forth calls and after some input from BT_Care (who do monitor these forums) I managed to get one set of activation charge and advance line rental refunded and ended up being able to keep the extra HomeHub (which came in handy when the wi-fi on the first one went nuts after a couple of months).

Ade

vDSL2 FTTC Infinity with BT
DL Sync 80Mbps
UL Sync 20Mbps
Standard User astroman
(newbie) Tue 08-Jan-13 19:27:26
Print Post

[re: adebov] [link to this post]

After spending ages on the phone, apparently the problem is that BT cannot submit the order to Openreach because their system does not recognise my address.

The chap at BT order management is going to get Openreach to update their system then phone me back before 7pm tomorrow with a date for my engineer visit.

Don't know what to make of it all to be honest?
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Tue 08-Jan-13 19:56:29
Print Post

That could be down to the Post Office / Royal Mail and their wretched "UK Address and Postcode List".

I have an interest in a property in Scotland and the address is Xxxx Lane West - the street signs even say that and in the village there is also Xxxx Lane East. The Deeds and Land Registry shows it as Xxxx Lane West but the Post Office insist that it is Xxxx Lane and the other is also Xxxx Lane.

A few times, trying to arrange a delivery has resulted in address not recognised, and it took 2 years to get Google Maps and NavTeq to correct their data bases because the believe the incorrect PO information.

So, if you have registered your address with Retail but OR have a PO list then that could be where the problem lies.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User astroman
(newbie) Wed 09-Jan-13 14:40:32
Print Post

I got another phone call last night at 8pm from one of the chaps I'd spoken to earlier, he said he would chase up Openreach first thing in the morning and make sure he got an activation date and a confirmed engineer visit, and would phone me today with the details.

True to his word, he has just phoned and it's all set up for the 19th and all the details are showing in My BT.

My faith has been somewhat restored in BT, though to be fair, the problem seemed to be with Openreach.

Anyway, I cannot fault the assistance I have been given.
  Print Thread

Jump to