User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 13-Jan-13 13:36:05
Print Post

Re: SMTP Port 25 Inbound & Outbound

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Furthermore, it is in a section devoted to Traffic Management.

Traffic management is not normally understood to refer to SMTP access ports, and the context of the whole page is throughput control.
I would certainly take that Q to cover port blocking.

Orange uses the same pro forma to cover their blocking of Port 25:
Section 1: Traffic management in relation to your broadband product
Use and availability of services, content, application and protocols on this product

Are any services, content, applications or protocols always blocked on this product?** Yes

If so what? The only restriction we’ve put in place is an email setting that helps protect our customers against unsolicited emails, also known as spam. (For the techies amongst you this means we stop connections to non-Orange SMTP servers on port 25, and block NetBIOS)
because they are both following:
BSG Voluntary industry code of practice on traffic management transparency on broadband services Hot!

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sun 13-Jan-13 13:39:43
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In that case, would you agree that BT do not block Port 25?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 13-Jan-13 13:50:51
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

I would indeed! Especially as one BT user confirms it for Port 25 outgoing. That's enough for me; I'm willing to extrapolate it to all BT users, even tho' it might be stated in an official BT doc. on an official BT website, which might not be 100% complete/accurate grin.

In fact, I'm getting p*ssed of with reading robertcrowther's constant bleating, rudeness and misinformation. He needs to take a lengthy vacation "fixing" his own "machine".

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User robertcrowther
(regular) Sun 13-Jan-13 13:55:42
Print Post

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
I would indeed! Especially as one BT user confirms it for Port 25 outgoing. That's enough for me; I'm willing to extrapolate it to all BT users, even tho' it might be stated in an official BT doc. on an official BT website, which might not be 100% complete/accurate grin.

In fact, I'm getting p*ssed of with reading robertcrowther's constant bleating, rudeness and misinformation. He needs to take a lengthy vacation "fixing" his own "machine".

"bleating, rudeness and misinformation" You should not talk to yourself while looking in the mirror.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 13-Jan-13 14:05:00
Print Post

[re: robertcrowther] [link to this post]

Now you're getting paranoid! I've hardly had any interaction with you. I've been mainly reading your posts and the responses they have engendered, and have fumed at the waste of time and hijacking of threads that you have caused.

(regular) Sun 13-Jan-13 14:17:09
Print Post

Now you're getting paranoid! I've hardly had any interaction with you. I've been mainly reading your posts and the responses they have engendered, and have fumed at the waste of time and hijacking of threads that you have caused.

You say that you've hardly had any interaction with me, yet you use a swear word, well that sums you up then.

I do have an idea for this forum, why don't you all get together in real life rather than just posting insults to people on forums.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sun 13-Jan-13 14:19:59
Print Post

In reply to a post by robertcrowther:

You say that you've hardly had any interaction with me, yet you use a swear word, well that sums you up then.

I do have an idea for this forum, why don't you all get together in real life rather than just posting insults to people on forums.
A sweary word? Where?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________
(regular) Sun 13-Jan-13 14:22:01
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
In reply to a post by robertcrowther:

A sweary word? Where?

See here: http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/bt/t/4199189-re-smt...
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sun 13-Jan-13 14:24:09
Print Post

That's disgusting. Censor avoidance as well smile

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 13-Jan-13 14:25:25
Print Post

A warning - collaborate with people don't fight them.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to