User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Harry_De_Bustard
(newbie) Sun 03-Mar-13 12:36:09
Print Post

BT Infinity Rollout Roadmap

[link to this post]

A business linked to the South Kensington Exchange enquired about the Infinity 2 service and was told that it wasn't available yet and they couldn't say when it would be. This puzzles me in that the comparison site reached by the above link appears to show it to be enabled for Infinity - or at least level 1 (rather than 2) for home users - though the online BT checker for the business 'phone line confirms what the call centre said. I'm especially puzzled as to why BT can't give an idea when it will become available as I'd have thought they'd have rough plans in place. An explanation of the latter, at least, would be appreciated.
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Sun 03-Mar-13 12:47:41
Print Post

Re: BT Infinity Rollout Roadmap

[re: Harry_De_Bustard] [link to this post]

Don't blame BT.

Blame the local council - they stopped it.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-...

And BT were not prepared to waste resources when there are plenty of other areas willing to have the cabinets and service installed. K&C are probably at the bottom of BTs rollout list - deservedly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User Harry_De_Bustard
(newbie) Sun 03-Mar-13 15:01:48
Print Post

Re: BT Infinity Rollout Roadmap

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

Ah, yes, I remember that story now. I quite agree. Still, it's rather cheeky - perhaps even wasteful - of BT to send the business a "You Could Get More From Your Broadband" letter in which Infinity is mentioned as a possible option.

Edited by Harry_De_Bustard (Sun 03-Mar-13 15:03:29)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to