User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Avo
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 04-Mar-13 15:57:43
Print Post

BT Infinty?

[link to this post]

Can a mod delete the same post above please? I deleted it by mistake!

Hi, thinking about getting infinty, the problem I have is my master socket is in the (very small) hall with no power points close to it, the wiring from outside to the master socket is very old and past it's best! My PC is upstairs in the back bedroom, I want the modem and hub in that back room upstairs next to my PC and power sockets.

So my questions are:

1) If it made the job easier, would the engineer relocate the master socket upstairs to the front bedroom?

2) If they wouldn't move the master socket are they able to route an extension cable from the master socket to the modem & hub upstairs to the back room?

Thanks in advance smile

........................."If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"............................
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 11-Mar-13 23:57:27
Print Post

Re: BT Infinty?

[re: Avo] [link to this post]

If you get a real Openreach engineer he should be able to do something satisfactory using the Home Wiring Solution (also known as a Data Extension Cable) which is supplied to him automatically for use if rquired, as part of an FTTC order from BT Retail to Openreach.

How many extension sockets are there? Why would you want the master in the front bedroom, when the important stuff is desired in the back bedroom?

(With nearly 1900 posts to your name, I would have expected you to know that (within the 12-hour period) you could have edited your mistakenly "deleted" post back to normality tongue).

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 541/15.2Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
  Print Thread

Jump to