User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User cad42
(newbie) Sat 09-Mar-13 17:02:31
Print Post

Trying to switch to "Unlimited BT Infinity 2 "

[link to this post]

Hi,

I had Infinity 2 connected on Jan 25th, and now that the new "totally unlimited" products are out, I'd like to switch to that so that I don't get throttling of torrents at peak times. I understand I may extend the length of the contract by doing so, and that's absolutely fine.

I've called BT on 0800 111 4567 and been bounced about between tech and sales. Sales eventually put an order in, but there has been no change. The Glasnost test still says Bittorrent downloads are rate limited, and I still see poor download speeds prior to midnight.

For anyone who has successfully moved from the old infinity 2 to the new one, please can you tell me what product name appeared in the order email? What product name do you see when you log into BT.com under "My Products" (the text, not the graphic, please!)

In both places I see "BT Infinity Option 2" which I think is the old product. Does anyone else see "Unlimited BT Infinity 2"?

Thanks.
Jonathan.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 09-Mar-13 17:09:40
Print Post

Re: Trying to switch to "Unlimited BT Infinity 2 "

[re: cad42] [link to this post]

Sorry, I can't answer your questions, but
- you can upgrade online via My BT
- It takes 5 days for the throttling to be removed

__________________________________________________________________________The back pedalling starts here__________________
Standard User cad42
(newbie) Sat 09-Mar-13 17:18:15
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Thanks. If it takes 5 days, then that could well be my issue! I'll post back next week!
Jonathan.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative BT_Care
(isp) Sun 10-Mar-13 08:35:47
Print Post

Re:Trying to switch to "Unlimited BT Infinity 2 "

Hi cad42

If you drop me in an email I'll be happy to have a look over your account and verify that you are on the new totally unlimited package.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4950

Cheers

Craig
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User StephenTodd
(committed) Sun 10-Mar-13 13:22:54
Print Post

I see "Unlimited Broadband with BT Infinity 2".

Though the unthrottling may take a few days after the service change, the service change is usually quite quick.
Be aware that while the change is being actioned the website can temporarily report absurd results such as 'No Phone/No Broadband'.
Looks as if BT_CARE will sort it for you; good luck.

--
Moved (with trepidation turned relief) to BT Infinity 2 for upload speed. Happy BE user for several years.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Mon 11-Mar-13 11:12:49
Print Post

your product name wont change at all on the mybt site, even tho many of us moaned about it on the btcare forums it seems it falls on deaf ears.

The throttling will be removed within 5 days usually.

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012 - Estimate 65.9/20 - Attainable peak 110/36 - Current Sync 71/20
Standard User copex
(committed) Mon 11-Mar-13 19:57:23
Print Post

well you done better than me i got told there was no difference, when i pointed them to the BT web page, i revived an apology and told to ring BT customer services, my question about upgrading was ignored, i rang BT and got the run around so i gave up, i have tried mybt but computer said no. i was connected to BT inifity on 18th of jan

As a BT Infinity customer you are already getting the best speeds possible on your package. To find out whether you could go even faster by upgrading your BT Infinity package please visit www.bt.com/infinity to find out more.

Edited by copex (Mon 11-Mar-13 20:01:41)

Standard User StephenTodd
(committed) Mon 11-Mar-13 20:18:09
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

your product name wont change at all on the mybt site

Mine did ~ but the site is so absurd that I wouldn't be surprised at anything it said.

--
Moved (with trepidation turned relief) to BT Infinity 2 for upload speed. Happy BE user for several years.
Standard User robertcrowther
(regular) Wed 13-Mar-13 12:29:25
Print Post

[re: copex] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by copex:
well you done better than me i got told there was no difference, when i pointed them to the BT web page, i revived an apology and told to ring BT customer services, my question about upgrading was ignored, i rang BT and got the run around so i gave up, i have tried mybt but computer said no. i was connected to BT inifity on 18th of jan

As a BT Infinity customer you are already getting the best speeds possible on your package. To find out whether you could go even faster by upgrading your BT Infinity package please visit www.bt.com/infinity to find out more.

Have you tried upgrading online?

Use this link to upgrade online if you have not: http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProduc...

The upgrade option is on the second section headed: Or Upgrade your BT Infinity?
Standard User copex
(committed) Wed 13-Mar-13 20:24:25
Print Post

[re: robertcrowther] [link to this post]

thanks i will give it a try.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to