User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User jw6520
(regular) Mon 18-Mar-13 13:52:13
Print Post

Complaints Contact Number

[link to this post]

Hello All,

I had an appointment to have Infinity installed today between 8am and 1pm. No engineer showed so I called BT to chase up. The lady I spoke to said that the engineer hasn't attended as the telephone number I had requested be moved from Virgin Media had not been released. I find this an unacceptable excuse given that I placed the order over a month ago.
I am currently waiting for a call back from her supervisor, given I have taken a day off work for this install.

Do you know if there is a telephone number for the chairmans office? I had to get in touch with them years ago over another matter and they seem to be the only department that get problems sorted?

Thanks
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 18-Mar-13 14:00:45
Print Post

Re: Complaints Contact Number

[re: jw6520] [link to this post]

Is it VM cable phone and broadband, or VM WLR and ADSL?

Is the phone still working, and have you heard anything from them about it being taken by another provider? You should have been informed by them of this and been given the option to accept or refuse the transfer. (Note - I'm talking about VM. This is a phone line spam prevention requirement by OfCom).

If you didn't see this, (to an unused email address for instance, or sent to a spam/junk folder by your email host or your AV/FW system), and it needed your acceptance, then they will have refused to let BT take the line/number.

BT chairman's office is ian.livingston@bt.com, but I suggest checking emails and with VM first.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.2/15.2Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User jw6520
(regular) Mon 18-Mar-13 17:14:59
Print Post

Re: Complaints Contact Number

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thanks for the response. I sent an email to the Chairman....I've got a response saying they will contact me tomorrow.

Fingers crossed.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to