User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User George1966
(newbie) Sun 24-Mar-13 04:10:51
Print Post

No broadband or phone

[link to this post]

A tree branch came down today and brought 5 houses outside phone lines with it.

All house now have no phone or no broadband, I rang bt and they said they would get an engineer to call on the 2nd April , so no phone or broadband till then.

Do you think that is a reasonable time and is there any way or anyone I can contact to speed this up. I imagined that as it was affecting quite a few customers this would be repaired quicker

Any help would be great

George
Standard User slowv
(newbie) Sun 24-Mar-13 08:39:37
Print Post

Re: No broadband or phone

[re: George1966] [link to this post]

Do you think that is a reasonable time and is there any way or anyone I can contact to speed this up. I imagined that as it was affecting quite a few customers this would be repaired quicker

I doubt if they will move much faster than that. I had an eight day wait in central London for an OR engineer to restore a broken jumper in the cabinet!
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Sun 24-Mar-13 08:46:22
Print Post

Have all those with no service reported it to their relevant service providers ? There is more weight in numbers.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MHC
(sensei) Sun 24-Mar-13 08:57:14
Print Post

Unlikely. There are thousands without service at present and you will be added to the list and dealt with in order.

If one of your neighbours has a priority service, they will get fixed quicker and then you might get a repair at that time.

Who owns the tree? Use a mobile to connect and send their insurance company the bill.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User shtu
(experienced) Mon 25-Mar-13 09:49:37
Print Post

In reply to a post by George1966:
Do you think that is a reasonable time and is there any way or anyone I can contact to speed this up...

Any help would be great.

The weather at the moment means there thousands of additional faults, and real problems with getting engineers to the faults - there's only so many landrovers, helicopters and jetpacks to go round.*

You can organise to get your landline diverted to another number if that hasn't been done already.

*OK, I lied about the jetpacks.

And the helicopters.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 25-Mar-13 14:35:59
Print Post

[re: shtu] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by shtu:
You can organise to get your landline diverted to another number if that hasn't been done already.
You can do this under BT's online fault reporting (if you can get online).

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
  Print Thread

Jump to