User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User fernandez
(committed) Mon 25-Mar-13 23:02:48
Print Post

A royal BT [removed by tbb]

[link to this post]

I am, to say the least, a little displeased.

I was due to move over to BT broadband today together with a Youview box.
The order was placed of 15/03 and all correspondence stated that delivery of the equipment and activation would be on 25/03.

However, today the BT site woudn't let me track the order (even though it said 'in progress' so I phoned BT Customer Services only to be told that the order had been 'lost in the system' and a new order raised. So, I'm waiting in all day for something that's never going to be delivered

To cut a very long story short it gets worse.
The original order was 'lost in the system' so making the VOL012- reference number invalid.
A new order was raised for delivery on 27/03/2013 but when I checked this after I phoned CS yet again to get the new reference number I found that it showed that I was getting a BT Vision(refurbished) box and not the Youview Humax box that I ordered as shown on the original order.

So, yet another call to CS and after about 30 minutes on the phone the error was corrected, the second order number cancelled and a new VOL012- order raised.

I have now had THREE different VOL12- numbers. Where it gets really complicated is that the original oder placed on 15/03/2013 was placed through Quidco to take advantage of the £150 cashback offer which ended the next day.
There was also a BT offer of £100 Sainsurys gift voucher
Both of these now seem in jeopardy because the dates of the second two order numbers fall outside of the claim period.
This is through no fault of my own and the original order has not tracked on Quidco and is being investigated
I have kept copies of all mail and order /reference numbers received from BT

At the moment it seems that the Home Hub will be delivered 27/03 and the Youview box 28/03.
This has been achieved after SIX telephone calls today and could have been avoided if staff at BT had taken more care and kept me informed of what was going on.

I have every intention of ensuring that I am paid the cashback offered and receiving the Sainsburys voucher - after all the original order was made within the claims period and I cannot be responsible for the mistakes of others.

I have sent an email to BT Customer Complaints in the hope that they can sort this mess out

Edited by seb (Tue 26-Mar-13 03:15:21)

Administrator seb
(founder) Tue 26-Mar-13 03:16:18
Print Post

Re: A royal BT [removed by tbb]

[re: fernandez] [link to this post]

Please mind your language. We usually delete entire posts if you abuse this, however I've made an exception in your case.

seb

Sebastien Lahtinen
Co-Founder,
thinkbroadband.com
seb@thinkbroadband.com

personal blog - blog.seb.me.uk
twitter - @sebtweet
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User fernandez
(committed) Tue 26-Mar-13 07:31:55
Print Post

Re: A royal BT mess[removed by tbb]

Sorry for the language I'd had a very bad day

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 26-Mar-13 07:40:28
Print Post

Re: A royal BT mess

I'd say that was more than a bad day. The tale is horrific!

I hope you get satisfaction from BT without too much further hassle. Enough there to put you off them for life.

Don't forget if it doesn't get sorted by someone sensible there are many posts with, and many of us know by heart, the email address of the BT Group chairman, in effect the Ultimate Complaints Office smile. That often works magic.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.2/15.2Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User fernandez
(committed) Tue 26-Mar-13 08:21:27
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thanks for the offer of the info as I have a bad feeling that I'm going to need it.

On checking 'Track my order' there are now 4 order numbers shown and the original one due for delivery/activation on 25/03 is still shown but with the message:
"There is a delay to the provision of your Broadband order which we are currently investigating with our suppliers. We will keep you informed of any progress, please keep checking online for further updates."

At the moment looks like that due to the incompetence and lack of communication from BT that I may well have lost offers worth £250
Standard User lockyatlrg
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 26-Mar-13 08:39:28
Print Post

Cancel the order completely and start all over again, BT really are [censored] at times.

BT Infinity
ROUTER:-Netgear WNDR37AV
JDSU Stats
Attainable 94040D 34659U
Sync 79999D 20000U
Attenuation: 10.1 SNR: 16.2
Line Length 300meters
Standard User fernandez
(committed) Tue 26-Mar-13 10:32:07
Print Post

[re: lockyatlrg] [link to this post]

Order, or should i say orders, are all cancelled (after a struggle) but it can, I was warned, take up to 24 hours to go through the system (have they got one??:))
My existing ISP has extended my cancellation period and is issuing a new MAC should I decide to go ahead with the migration.
The UK based BT cancellations person I spoke to at least sounded sympathetic and was astounded at the mess caused.
Standard User StephenTodd
(committed) Tue 26-Mar-13 11:28:45
Print Post

The UK based BT cancellations person I spoke to at least sounded sympathetic and was astounded at the mess caused.
Probably, pretended to be astounded, as it is an all too common story. Mostly moves to Infinity go pretty smoothly (mine went fairly well), but once they start getting things wrong it is clear from the Infinity forum that they have many ways of making it go spectacularly wrong.

It may be worth contacting the BT forum mods at http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951 They have the unenviable task of chasing problems through the myriad errors that BT orders and service make; and people usually get to be happy with the result eventually.

Even with my order that went ahead on the original date they managed to get three order numbers; and I had to chase both the Quidco and Sainsbury's extras as a result. Oh, and chase BE who wrongly charged a cancellation fee; another problem that many people have.

Good luck,

--
Moved (with trepidation turned relief) to BT Infinity 2 for upload speed. Happy BE user for several years.
Standard User martdy
(newbie) Tue 26-Mar-13 11:46:29
Print Post

Re: A royal BT [removed by tbb]

I had a similar experience.
Went through the whole online order process via Quidco for Infinity ,Phone, Youview etc. On the final conformation page it stated BT Vision box not Youview. I stupidly went ahead thinking It would all be OK.
When I could access my account all was not well . The phone order was there but nothing else.
Many phone calls later a nice chap(UK) told me their systems were changing over and had caused some problems. He then proceeded to set up all that I had ordered.
My phone order completed on 18/03/13 and I eagerly waited for the promised phone call from BT to organise Infinity. Nothing. So on the phone again and finally spoke to a nice lady(UK) who started a complete new order for the Infinity and Youview package.This now shows in my account and OR are due on 28/03/13 to install Infinity.
I received the HH and Humax box yesterday along with a couple of poweline adaptors. Apparently my order is on track. We'll see...
However my chances of getting cashback are nil and I expect a battle to get the £50 Sainsburys voucher also.
It all looked so easy on the website !
After all the hassle so far all I want is for Infinity to be installed successfully when scheduled .After that a letter of complaint will be on its way to BT.
ISP Representative BT_Care
(isp) Wed 27-Mar-13 14:21:56
Print Post

Re:A royal [removed by tbb]

Hi Fernandez,

Sorry about this, your post makes for some grim reading. I'll be happy to give you a hand with this and make sure we get this sorted out for you.

If you drop me in an email I'll find out what's happened and get it put right.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4950

Cheers

Craig

Edited by MrSaffron (Thu 28-Mar-13 15:56:10)

The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to