User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User ian_c
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 26-Mar-13 14:34:35
Print Post

Another "Switching to" thread (to Infinity)

[link to this post]

Ordered on 20th.

Kit arrived yesterday for installation tomorow.

Last night saw that my activation (but not install) date had slipped a week;

Assumed that BT Retail were flogging more packages than Openreach could handle.

Phoned up - initially was told all looked OK for tomorrow, but the nice Geordie lady then saw a flag, spoke to Openreach.

Came back and said it was because some additional cabling was needed at the exchange. She couldn't tell me if I would lose broadband but offered to activate my BT Wifi.

Not happy - toyed with cancelling, but checking with current provider revealed their cease date is the new activation date (and that happens to sync with my billing).

It's just like the old days - speak to retail and get nowhere, speak to the engineers to get the picture.

(Back just pre-privatisation I we needed a new line in - The BT shop quoted six weeks. Flatmate asked for the engineering number - engineer said "I'll be there on Saturday". This was at a time when France Telecom would apologise if it could not do the job the same day

So basically the same structural defect has still not been fixed, but rather the under-promising it now over-promises.)

Edited by ian_c (Tue 26-Mar-13 14:49:25)

Standard User ian_c
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 27-Mar-13 13:10:25
Print Post

Re: Another "Switching to" thread (to Infinity)

[re: ian_c] [link to this post]

And then the engineer turned up this morning, hadn't heard anything about the issues, installed my kit and it work just fine.

I now half (well, more than half) expect something to go fritz on 3 April....

Dear BT's Left Hand

You have been a private business since the mid-80s - you no longer have the "civil service" excuse, so learn to talk to your Right Hand

Ta,

Ian.

Standard User greyposter
(knowledge is power) Wed 27-Mar-13 13:18:18
Print Post

[re: ian_c] [link to this post]

I was so lucky. On time, nice guy job done.

‘Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.’
BTBroadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ian_c
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 27-Mar-13 14:50:54
Print Post

[re: greyposter] [link to this post]

Yup - in the end that's what happened to me (ex Army chap who'd had enough of Afghanistan).

But BT could really do with sorting its internal comms.

(Oh, and in Firefox the Hub home page goes all white-text-on-white-background. Safari (and I presume Chrome) are fine.

Print Thread

Jump to