User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ian_c
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 13-Apr-13 21:40:51
Print Post

Upstream speeds

[link to this post]

So the pre-install speed check predicted 76 down and 20 up.

Am getting 73 down pretty consistently (woo! hoo!), but only 8 or 9 up (usually high 8s).

Wired connection, gigabit port.

Is this par for the course, or should I query with someone? If so who?

Standard User Evari
(newbie) Sat 13-Apr-13 22:10:26
Print Post

Re: Upstream speeds

[re: ian_c] [link to this post]

My first day or two on infinity I got ~10 up when I was predicted 20. It eventually increased on its own to 18-19.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 13-Apr-13 22:17:10
Print Post

Try a factory reset on the Homehub, usually 2-3 resets fix the problem.

__________________________________________________________________________The back pedalling starts here__________________

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Crusiux
(learned) Sat 13-Apr-13 22:37:05
Print Post

I am having the exact same issue! BT Wholesale diagnostics state IP profile for upload on my line is 20mbs but it resolutely sticks just below the 10 mark. Out of interest, try using tablet via wifi right next to the hub. For some reason, I manage to eek out 12 when using a wireless connection but less via gigabit wired. Odd.

Unlimited BT Infinity 2 Down 73.6 Up 9.7

Edited by Crusiux (Sat 13-Apr-13 22:45:39)

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 13-Apr-13 22:44:53
Print Post

[re: Crusiux] [link to this post]

You may be able to bypass the Homehub by setting up a pppoe session with the modem plugged into the pc, to see if you can get your proper upload.

__________________________________________________________________________The back pedalling starts here__________________
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 13-Apr-13 22:59:36
Print Post

In reply to a post by Crusiux:
I am having the exact same issue! BT Wholesale diagnostics state IP profile for upload on my line is 20mbs but it resolutely sticks just below the 10 mark.
If I'm not mistaken upstream IP Profiles can only be 2, 10 or 20Mbps on FTTC. Not set by the sync like the downstream is.

But in ian_c's case, getting under 10Mbps actual when the downstream is so good doesn't look right.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.2/15.2Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User Crusiux
(learned) Sun 14-Apr-13 09:28:49
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

As Badboy suggested ran a direct link from the ECI Modem and ran a quick speedtest. It would seem that, at least in my case, that the problem is with my Home Hub 3 (Type B). My upload nearly doubles to 17.6mbps while my down is about 0.5 higher. Could it be that the HH3 cannot handle such upload speeds? Will try a reboot of the hub and see what happens. OP, perhaps you could try this as well?

Unlimited BT Infinity 2 Down 73.6 Up 9.7
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sun 14-Apr-13 10:43:59
Print Post

Ah, good news - glad it worked for you.

There is obviously a bug with the HH3, but it can handle the upload - given that BT hand them out for the FTTP 330/30 product.

Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Sun 14-Apr-13 11:05:14
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

'Badboy' ? Crikey, he's got your number ! smile

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 14-Apr-13 11:28:22
Print Post

As BatBoy suggested to Ian, a couple of factory resets on the HH might help. IIRC there have been a few cases here where it sorted things.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.2/15.2Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to