User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User michaeleaton
(regular) Wed 17-Apr-13 12:16:11
Print Post

BT Infinity

[link to this post]

Hi Guys,

I've ordered BT Vision (youview) / phone and broadband recently, after doing some research beforehand it seemed as though I could get Infinity as the checker was reporting "Accepting Orders" but when I called BT and ordered they said that although my exchange was enabled my cabinet had not yet been activated/changed/converted..

Is there anywhere I can find more information on when this is likely to be, or is there a round about timescale for this?

Thanks,

Michael

-----------------
Michael Eaton
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 17-Apr-13 13:20:20
Print Post

Re: BT Infinity

[re: michaeleaton] [link to this post]

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/btavailability.html

BT Wholesale checker when you use telephone number is the best indicator available.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(member) Wed 17-Apr-13 13:43:33
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks for the link.

I've used this before but for some reason it won't give me any information as my number is being moved from Sky to BT so looks like I have to wait for this to happen.

I've just tried a telephone number from a local retailer around the corner from mine, served from the same exchange but cabinet 37 - I'm guessing I don't have any way of finding out which cabinet has my phone line, until the BT checker is updated?

For the number i searched on, it shows the following:

featured Products
WBC FTTC Up to 80 Up to 20 -- Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 17 -- 10 to 19.5 Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex M Up to 17 Up to 1.5 10 to 19.5 Available
ADSL Max Up to 7.5 -- 6.5 to 8 Available
WBC Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available
Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available
Other Offerings
Fibre Multicast -- -- -- Available

-----------------
Michael Eaton

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(member) Wed 17-Apr-13 13:46:53
Print Post

I've just checked my old BT number at a different property in the same block of apartments I used to live in, and that shows cabinet 29 and that everything is already enabled.

Is it safe to assume that even though in the same block of apartments that my particular line is served from a different cabinet, or would it be a safer bet to assume BT have no information for my line as it will be phyiscally moved when I move from Sky to BT on 24th?

Thanks,

Michael

-----------------
Michael Eaton
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 17-Apr-13 15:30:55
Print Post

The address option on the BT Wholesale checker may help. The pure postcode one is not to be trusted.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.2/15.2Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
(member) Wed 17-Apr-13 15:33:49
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
The address option on the BT Wholesale checker may help. The pure postcode one is not to be trusted.

Cool, Thanks!

It seems i'm on Cabinet 2 which hasn't been enabled yet..nor is it giving any date...I hope I don't have to wait too long..

Thanks,

Michael

-----------------
Michael Eaton
  Print Thread

Jump to