User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User perdy
(newbie) Sat 20-Apr-13 09:17:34
Print Post

A royal BT *** part 2

[link to this post]

Looks like will have to endure the same as fernandez has in his posts on http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/bt/4224661-a-royal-...

I have had my internet order 'cancelled because it failed' and new orders placed internally when I rang up to check.

I placed an order on 11th of March 2013 for a phone line (was previously with sky), bt infinity2 and vision. I paid £129 upfront for line rental saver. I also setup a direct debit for the account.
I didn't immediately receive an email confirmation so I rang to confirm. I asked the lady I spoke to to confirm that the order had gone through ok. This was probably my biggest mistake.
I then received a confirmation email for my original order.
I also received a confirmation email for my direct debit.
Before the installation date I received a set of equipment (YouView box, Hub 3.0 and Powerline adapters).
I then received a second set of equipment (YouView box, Hub 3.0 and Powerline adapters)!!!

My installation date was to be the 11th of April so I took the day off.
On the 11th of April I sat in and waited...my line was switched over to BT (from sky) and I received messages saying my broadband and vision were now also live. An engineer did NOT come round and install infinity2.

On the 12th of April I rang the orders team and spoke to a man and told him that infinity had not been installed and that I had two sets of equipment. He said not to worry and that the original order had 'failled' and that he would sort it out. He said not to worry and that I should plug in the equipment I had been sent and use the phone service and broadband (standard ADSL) service and that he would place a third order to get infinity2 installed.
At this point he asked me all my details again and he decided that as I wanted rental line saver that I should set up a direct debit over the phone with him there and then and also pay again for the line rental saver as 'the original one would be credited back to me' which I did.

At this point (12th April) I have:-
3 order numbers.
2 sets of equipment.
1 direct debit confirmation.
1 order cancelled confirmation.

The man from the sales said infinity would be installed on 19th April. I so I booked a second day of work for this.

On the 16th April I got two letters from BT in the post; One said that a second direct debit had been setup which is what I was expecting as the orders man had said this would be the case.
However the second letter turned out to be a bill. There was a one-off charge for £49 for setting up vision which was as expected but I am also being charged £15.45 line rental, £5 for vision and £2 payment processing even though I has set up a direct debit for the account thus I shouldn't be incurring the payment processing charge and I have paid line rental saver so I shouldn't be paying the line rental monthly.

So I rang your billing helpdesk. After a long (20 mins) wait I got through to a young lady to whom I related the whole story. She said that she could not find anywhere where the original £129 had been paid and that she couldn't do anything.

I then decided to ring the billing helpdesk back and ask to be put directly through to a manager. I told this to the first person who answered the call (a male) who put me into a queue. This is where I stayed for nearly half an hour before being told that the call centre was now closed and I got cut-off.

I also had cashback tracking software (www.topcashback.co.uk) for the original order however I doubt that this will track correctly now as the order number to which is relates is now marked as cancelled. The value of the cashback is £151.50. From fernadez's post it looks like I can kiss goodbye to the cashback even if I say 'I placed the order online it is not my fault the order has been cancelled and placed again internally'.

Also there was an offer for a sainsburys voucher on the site which again was an enticement for me to sign up. However I also suspect I will have difficulty attempting to claim this as again the order number it would be marked against will be 'cancelled'.

Yesterday (19th) I did indeed get my line switched over to infinity but now it seems I will have to battle to get the billing sorted out...

I've sent an email to Warren Buckley as its his name on all the emails and letters that get sent. All I've had back is an automated response with an incident number and a promise to respond in 'up to 72 hrs', its been 4 days...
Standard User perdy
(newbie) Sat 20-Apr-13 09:24:37
Print Post

Re: A royal BT *** part 2

[re: perdy] [link to this post]

Oh and one more thing,

I have received and email asking for the second set of kit back and have had a bag arrive in the post to send it back in.

You might think this is fine but there are two points;
1) The serial numbers in the email are for the boxes that were sent for the order I placed which are the ones I decided to open and use. The second set of boxes are completely unopened and would be a lot better for BT to send out to a new customer. I have emailed and asked if they would prefer the unopened set of boxes back instead.
2) The bag simply isn't big enough! It wont fit the Humax box in let alone all three boxes!!!
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 20-Apr-13 09:27:21
Print Post

There has been a number of plusnet customers moving to their fttc from sky with issues.

The full llu complicates things, seems to work best when you move phone and adsl and then migrate to fttc a couple of days later.
BT may have been trying this but not explained it well.

Give email a couple of days and then escalate to ceo office and explain also cashback voucher side.

As we have seen a few like this now it is time to pester from our side too, so if you want you can email me on Monday andrew@thinkbroadband.com and will ask BT and this can sometimes help having press aware this is not just a one off

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User perdy
(newbie) Sat 20-Apr-13 09:44:14
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks I'll do that.

Fernandez on his original thread an I both tried to do this when there was the £150 being offered for the limited time window on the cashback sites. I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact that BT seems to have foo-barred these orders as I guess the £150 comes from their 'promotions' budget?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 20-Apr-13 11:17:37
Print Post

The bag might be on if taped to a larger box, if a royal mail prepaid check the weight to avoid extra cost.

Return of the humax would be main priority butiyou need to get other bits sorted out with bt first

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
ISP Representative BT_Care
(isp) Tue 23-Apr-13 13:19:17
Print Post

Re:A royal BT *** part 2

Hi Perdy,

I am sorry to hear that you have had a few problems with your order. I can help you get this sorted. Please could you send me in your details using the link below?

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4950

Thanks

Paddy
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User perdy
(newbie) Sat 27-Apr-13 12:35:56
Print Post

Left it a week for BT to get in touch with me. Of course they didn't so I've had to chase them up.
Tried to speak using the chat service - got responses from people with very bad english skills. Got transferred around a bit and guess what? No one could help (or even understand that I had a problem?).
So I rang. Managed to get the call escalated to a manager who said that two accounts had been set up; one for my original failed order and another for all the mess subsequent to that. She said the first account had been closed and that the £129 I had paid (on 11th March) for line rental saver would be refunded to me within 5 days. I'd been told it would be within 5 days on the 12 of April, I wonder how long I should let them keep my money for before charging them interest!
She said the second account was the 'live' account and explained what had happened and why; in short their billing systems are not fit for purpose. Anyway I managed to get her to confirm that if I paid another £129 that this would be credited to my 'new' account in such a way that my incorrectly charged line rental and processing charges would be credited back to my account. So I have for the third time given my credit card details to BT in order for them to take £129 from me. #naive

So I could end up being £481.95 out of pocket on this deal. I'll keep you all posted...
Standard User CJT
(committed) Sat 27-Apr-13 18:32:41
Print Post

Hi perdy,

Did you not get any response from Paddy as per the post above yours?

If not this seems to be a shocking case of BT really fubar'ing an order!

Lets hope it all gets sorted for you.

CJT.

On Talk Talk Essentials
Standard User fernandez
(committed) Sun 28-Apr-13 14:00:44
Print Post

[re: CJT] [link to this post]

I'm surprised that Paddy from BT Customerhelp hasn't been in contact about your problem.

As you'll know from my experiences one email to Ian Livingston's office got the ball rolling.

Even after I thought things had been sorted then BT charged me for all the equipment they had sent I simply posted the problem on the BT Community forums http://community.bt.com/ and SeanD phoned me on a Sunday afternoon and got everything cancelled and the items are now returned in correctly sized bags.

As far as the £100 Sainsburys Gift Card is concerned, this was sent to me by courier within 10 days and although I didn't get the £150 Quidco cashback I have had credits which don't fall too far short of the amount.

So, it can all work out - just be persistent and contact the right people. Whatever you do avoid phoning Mumbai

Perdy - PM me if you wish if you think I can help

Edited by fernandez (Sun 28-Apr-13 14:26:12)

Standard User fernandez
(committed) Sun 05-May-13 17:23:02
Print Post

[re: fernandez] [link to this post]

Any progress yet with this problem?
  Print Thread

Jump to