User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User tehidyman
(regular) Fri 10-May-13 12:36:34
Print Post

Latest BT offers-hidden bit

[link to this post]

Not until you have gone through all the order process and are checking the small print do you find out that the £15 a month fibre package is a discounted price and that at the end of 12 months (contract period) the price becomes £18 a month, bit sneaky in my opinion
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Fri 10-May-13 12:47:11
Print Post

Re: Latest BT offers-hidden bit

[re: tehidyman] [link to this post]

When I went through the order process I got, for BT Infinity 1 + Calls:

"Only £15.00 a month for the first 12 months, £18.00 a month from month 13 plus line rental on an 18 month contract"

This contradicts the sales page which states it's a 12 month contract and as you say, no mention of a price hike after that.

Oliver.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 10-May-13 13:22:53
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

Yes, the £15 BT Infinity 1 + Calls Offer says in the main block and in the small print Legal Stuff that it is a 12 month minimum term contract. If upon signing up it insists it is a 18 month contract then it is a case for ASA.

A price hike after 12m would be OK and expected provided you were free to leave then w/out penalty.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Fri 10-May-13 13:28:19
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
A price hike after 12m would be OK and expected provided you were free to leave then w/out penalty.

I would still expect a mandatory price hike after 12 months to be advertised. E.g. Talktalk says Essentials is "12 months half price at £3.25 a month" and that's a 12 month contract.

Oliver.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 10-May-13 14:46:24
Print Post

12 month contract, but if you stay till month 13 price rises.

Am guessing there might be option to say ok I'll stay for another 12 months, if I still get lower price.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 10-May-13 14:55:03
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Not what Oliver341 said! You don't have the choice of not staying; it's an 18m contract if you sign up.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Edited by XRaySpeX (Fri 10-May-13 15:24:58)

Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Fri 10-May-13 14:55:19
Print Post

The point is, if you start the order process, it magically turns into an 18 month contract with a price hike in month 13.

But in either case if the normal price is £18 and there's an introductory discount, the website should say it.

Oliver.
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Fri 10-May-13 14:56:24
Print Post

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
Not what Oliver341 said! You don't have the choice of not staying; it's an 18m contract if you sign up.

Yep. what I pasted earlier was lifted from the order process.

Oliver.
Standard User 4M2
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 10-May-13 15:22:50
Print Post

Am guessing there might be option to say ok I'll stay for another 12 months, if I still get lower price.

There is a contradiction concerning BT Infinity 1, 12 month contract, online exclusive http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/broad... and https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerOrder... - 29. The service has a minimum period of 18 months confused
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Fri 10-May-13 15:31:08
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by 4M2:
There is a contradiction concerning BT Infinity 1, 12 month contract, online exclusive http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/broad... and https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerOrder... - 29. The service has a minimum period of 18 months confused

Information here confirms the price increase in month 13: http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProduc...

It still states 12 month contract though. Perhaps it's the information given in the order process that's wrong, anyone's guess.

Oliver.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to