User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Bobby_Valentino
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 17-May-13 11:45:43
Print Post

FTTC Interleaving

[link to this post]

Hi, how do I know if my FTTC line has interleaving enabled or not? When I first migrated to BT the traceroute first hops showed a latect of around 4/5ms now its gone up to 20ms.

TIA.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User StephenTodd
(experienced) Fri 17-May-13 12:09:34
Print Post

Re: FTTC Interleaving

[re: Bobby_Valentino] [link to this post]

If you don't have an unlocked modem, the tracert line 2 is the most reliable way I know to see if you have interleaving.
It does look as if you have heavy interleaving.

--
Moved (with trepidation turned relief) to BT Infinity 2 for upload speed. Happy BE user for several years.

Edited by StephenTodd (Fri 17-May-13 12:10:13)

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Fri 17-May-13 12:59:48
Print Post

[re: Bobby_Valentino] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Bobby_Valentino:
Hi, how do I know if my FTTC line has interleaving enabled or not? When I first migrated to BT the traceroute first hops showed a latect of around 4/5ms now its gone up to 20ms.

TIA.
The first hop is your router.

__________________________________________________________________________The back pedalling starts here__________________

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User StephenTodd
(experienced) Fri 17-May-13 13:13:40
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

I think by first hop he means the hop from router to the next stage. (I had edited my comment from 'first hop' to 'line 2' to reduce confusion).

@Bobby_Valentino: just to confirm I assume your first line is all <1ms, and the 5ms and 20ms you mentioned are the second line of the tracert.
If the first line is 5ms or 20ms it looks like a very dodgy wireless connection.

--
Moved (with trepidation turned relief) to BT Infinity 2 for upload speed. Happy BE user for several years.
  Print Thread

Jump to