Some advice please. I don't know whether I should try and switch with a MAC code or whether I should cancel Sky, wait until my BB stops working (i.e. the line is clear) and then order fresh with BT. Obviously a MAC code has the least downtime, but a cancel + fresh install would avoid some of the horror stories.
I originally signed up to UKonline LLU a number of years ago. At that time I swapped from Zen and did indeed have to do a full cancel and clear the line as I was swapping to LLU. Needless to say it was a PITA. UKOnline got closed down in 2011 and I was switched to Sky the parent company. No problems there.
Throughout all this though I have always been on a BT line, I never switched to Sky line rental.
Now I'm looking to switch to BT but am concerned about how to do it. Especially as I have this legacy situation of originally being LLU, but I don't know if I still count as that, and not having Sky line rental, which is no longer an option for new customers.
Maybe this is all straightforward and simple with a MAC code (as I still have a BT line?) or maybe all the legacy will end up with confusion and double billing troubles.
Can anyone advise on the best course of action?
P.S. I'm looking to get the BT Totally Unlimited package, if that makes any difference.