User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Thu 30-May-13 16:21:39
Print Post

BT changing mail supplier from Yahoo! to Critical Path

[link to this post]

During the summer the BT Yahoo! portal will close, but existing customers will still be able to access their BT Yahoo! Mail account by clicking on a link from BT.com. Later in the year, existing customers will be moved to BT Mail. Your inbox, including all your folders, will be moved over and you will keep the same email address, although you may be prompted to change your password.

BT has chosen a company called Critical Path to provide the BT Mail new email service.

We will be contacting all of our BT Yahoo! customers in the coming months to tell you what to expect before your email is switched to the new service.

We hope that you will enjoy the new service from BT and If you would like more information then please go to www.bt.com/newemail

__________________________________________________________________________The back pedalling starts here__________________
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Thu 30-May-13 16:29:13
Print Post

Re: BT changing mail supplier from Yahoo! to Critical Path

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Well done BT, they've recognised that Yahoo Mail is one big security hole and have bailed out.

Unlucky Sky Yahoo customers I guess.

Oliver.
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Thu 30-May-13 16:30:39
Print Post

If it is Critical Path Inc http://www.cp.net then it will certainly be an improvement in terms of security and not having all the adverts and associated junk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User gomezz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 30-May-13 16:34:49
Print Post

Just moved to BT but made sure that all my email (apart from the welcome to BT one) bypasses Yahoo completely.

BT Infinity 1 (unlimited)
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Thu 30-May-13 16:45:21
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MHC:
If it is Critical Path Inc http://www.cp.net then it will certainly be an improvement in terms of security and not having all the adverts and associated junk.

BT can choose to integrate adverts if they want to though.

Our unified messaging solutions enable Service Providers to drive & own revenue from advertising & other complimentary and 3rd party services

Oliver.

Edited by Oliver341 (Thu 30-May-13 16:46:20)

Standard User jchamier
(knowledge is power) Thu 30-May-13 18:26:54
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Oliver341:
Well done BT, they've recognised that Yahoo Mail is one big security hole and have bailed out.

The only good thing about the Yahoo deal was the free "Flickr Pro" but after Flickr's big redesign "pro" doesn't exist anymore, so nothing lost there either.

I never used my BT email as I had a BT.com login on my domain email long ago (for phone line) so when I signed up for Infinity they kept using it for correspondence. Happy coincidence - I only used the BT/Yahoo login for Flickr and for BTWiFi.

James BT Infinity 2 19/09/2012 - Speeds 49 / 8.2 Mbps - Sync 53 / 9.5 Mbps @ 470m
Huawei modem -> RT-N66U -> Switch -> PC/Mac/Linux/NAS/Phone/TV - last speedtest
13 years of broadband - 1999 ntl:(512k/1M)/BTbusiness(2M)/Metronet(2M)/Bulldog(8M/16M)/BE(19M/16M)/BT FTTC(46M)
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sat 01-Jun-13 21:32:44
Print Post

didnt they move to yahoo only recently?

Why dont they just host email internally? thats what they used to do years ago.

If I want a yahoo account I would use one directly, and it doesnt have the disadvantages such as losing the account when cancelling the broadband.

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Sat 01-Jun-13 21:44:55
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Chrysalis:

Yes, Sky recently moved their mail to Yahoo.

It's probably cheaper to outsource. Plus, they can blame someone else if/when it goes wrong.

Oliver.
Standard User undecidedadrian
(member) Sat 01-Jun-13 22:41:13
Print Post

In reply to a post by Oliver341:

Yes, Sky recently moved their mail to Yahoo.

It's probably cheaper to outsource. Plus, they can blame someone else if/when it goes wrong.

Actually Sky in the early days used Pipex to host the Sky.com domain for the early customers and when TT bought Pipex we were all moved to GMail and were told it was so much better than Pipex and it would be for the better.

I didn't bother I bought my 2 domains in 2006 and have used them on paid for mail packages since then.

To be honest I would happily not be issued with ISP email service and get a better price that I could use to pay for my professional mail service.
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Sat 01-Jun-13 23:16:29
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

If I want a yahoo account I would use one directly, and it doesnt have the disadvantages such as losing the account when cancelling the broadband.

with sky and talktalk (possibly other ISPs now) you dont lose your email anymore if you leave them because its hosted via gmail or yahoo etc you can keep it,

Ash

Plus.net - Extra Fibre - IP Profile - 69.54 Mbps / 20Mbps
My Broadband Speed Test
Speedtest net
My Broadband Ping
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to