User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User SunrayU75
(learned) Sat 08-Jun-13 10:55:24
Print Post

BT Infinity 2, truly incredible service

[link to this post]

Noticed I had 25/8 when before I had 78/20 and reported it last night about 7pm

Thought ok let's see how good BT's service is. The Indian call centre was fairly helpful , went through the steps. She called me back saying it appears like a line fault. Moving to level 2.

This morning at 9am get a bang on the door from a bt engineer who is currently replacing the line into the house. Remember today is a Saturday, no taking time off or waiting about.

15 hours after I reported it! I think this goes down as stellar service.

As an ex be customer I was worried about service but I am now very happy that I chose bt Partly for the hope of joined up thinking and partly because I get the sports.

I really don't work for them, because it sounds like it
Standard User StephenTodd
(experienced) Sat 08-Jun-13 10:58:16
Print Post

Re: BT Infinity 2, truly incredible service

[re: SunrayU75] [link to this post]

Excellent

--
Moved (with trepidation turned relief) to BT Infinity 2 for upload speed. Happy BE user for several years.
Standard User professor973
(committed) Sat 08-Jun-13 11:15:53
Print Post

I always found BT to be good service, just a problem understanding the accent or knowledge sometimes of customer services. If it was not for the long contract tie-in I would probably be back with them now. No reflection on my superb suppliers, just that it is sometimes easier to be within the BT system totally.

The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.
http://speedtest.net/result/2690543838.png

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 08-Jun-13 11:50:14
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

Note that the charges for early termination are considerably below the normal charges, and are not subject to Vat.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 53.4/16.8Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
(committed) Sat 08-Jun-13 12:05:36
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I realised auto-renewing contracts had ended that were in force when I was with them, along with changes to early termination charges, but had never got to the bottom of them, pretty much like the charges within your link. A long lost of charges, but not clear to me if one off charges, or applicable to each outstanding month. Probably because I prefer the world of valve radios, traction engines and wear a 50 year old mechanical watch!

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 08-Jun-13 12:58:31
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by professor973:
but not clear to me if one off charges, or applicable to each outstanding month.
You don't understand what the table heading "Monthly Charge" means? There is even a worked example to guide you. Couldn't be clearer!

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC - BQM
(committed) Sat 08-Jun-13 13:31:48
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Being out of touch with BT charges, I was not sure if the figures were service charges or early termination charges. I could see that they were monthly charges. But that again, I'm stupid aren't I .

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 11-Jun-13 09:48:52
Print Post

I am glad it worked out for you, but the chance of me going back to Bt is pretty slim to be honest. i have been with BT twice and that was enough.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 7 pro 64bit , laptop by ubuntu

ALLPAY Wireless broadband
  Print Thread

Jump to