User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Rhubarb
(committed) Mon 24-Jun-13 13:59:00
Print Post

BT Cloud Activation - Renews Contract for 18 Months??

[link to this post]

I needed to move a big file yesterday so I enabled BT Cloud which is part of my BT Infinity service.

Seems this is classed as an 'order' and renews you contract for another 18 months!

I had numerous problem with the service which resulted in 4 hours of chat & phone calls today with the result that BT tech staff couldn't help with the problem and I've given up.

Fortunately, some kind & efficient lady in BT customer options was able to remove my 'order' as I cannot use the service and hopefully this will reinstate my contract date.

Regards.

Edited by Rhubarb (Mon 24-Jun-13 15:49:41)

Standard User johnjburness
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 24-Jun-13 14:08:34
Print Post

Re: BT Cloud Con - Renews Contract for 18 Months

[re: Rhubarb] [link to this post]

Have to be honest & say that I found your post strange!

I've not had a cause to set-up "The Cloud" (hence I'm unable to directly comment on your post), but I have checked my Account details & it clearly advises that "The Cloud" "inclusive" to my Account.

Hence, if they tried to suggest to me that it was a new Order that extended my Contract, I would be making some very formal complaints over Contract Breach!

Regards,
John
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Mon 24-Jun-13 15:08:37
Print Post

I know there was an option to go from Infinity 2 to Unlimited Infinity 2 which came with a fair chunk of cloud storage. If you do that it would start a new contract. Could it be that is what happened? I think the old Infinity 2 came with 2GB whereas the new unlimited version comes with 50GB.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Rhubarb
(committed) Mon 24-Jun-13 15:23:31
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ian72:
I know there was an option to go from Infinity 2 to Unlimited Infinity 2 which came with a fair chunk of cloud storage. If you do that it would start a new contract. Could it be that is what happened? I think the old Infinity 2 came with 2GB whereas the new unlimited version comes with 50GB.

I did opt for the larger package but there was no mention of the need to upgrade to the newer Infinity package or any mention of the contract extension. My account still shows me to be on "BT Infinity Option 2". The 'order' email I received only referred to the Cloud upgrade. I'll wait a few days and then check my broadband account type and contract expiry date again. Cheers

Edited by Rhubarb (Mon 24-Jun-13 15:33:39)

Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Tue 25-Jun-13 08:38:07
Print Post

Then I would indeed be concerned if an upgrade to cloud storage increased BB contract length - that does not seem right. But then anything to keep people locked in...
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Tue 25-Jun-13 12:13:15
Print Post

In reply to a post by Rhubarb:
I did opt for the larger package but there was no mention of the need to upgrade to the newer Infinity package or any mention of the contract extension. My account still shows me to be on "BT Infinity Option 2". The 'order' email I received only referred to the Cloud upgrade. I'll wait a few days and then check my broadband account type and contract expiry date again. Cheers

Sounds like the order process wasn't clear enough.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/43386...

If you've got BT Total Broadband Option 3 or BT Infinity Option 2 you get 2GB BT Cloud storage as standard, but you'll be entitled to 50GB if you renew your contract.

Oliver.
  Print Thread

Jump to