User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Internaut
(newbie) Fri 28-Jun-13 19:54:33
Print Post

New to BT - Number to call at BT?

[link to this post]

Hello,

I'm having trouble tracking down a number to call at BT, regarding an order for a broadband product. I received a cold call from BT early this week, with an offer to switch my broadband from AOL TalkTalk. As I was intending on doing this anyway, at some point, I said yes. Obviously, I was reluctant to hand over my bank details over the phone, so they said they'd send some paperwork. This has not arrived.

I've had an email from AOL to say they've been notified I'm changing providers, but I've heard nothing from BT (no email, snail mail or anything). I'm getting a bit worried there might be a problem. Is there a number I can call to check the progress of my order?
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Fri 28-Jun-13 20:06:00
Print Post

Re: New to BT - Number to call at BT?

[re: Internaut] [link to this post]

https://www.bt.com/appsconsumerordertracking/index.d...

__________________________________________________________________________The back pedalling starts here__________________
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 28-Jun-13 20:08:53
Print Post

0800 800 150

But how do you know it was BT who called? You may have been conned.

Strange they have started the migration w/out your bank details and written confirmation.

Who do you have your phone with? If BT, you can check on your BT online a/c.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Internaut
(newbie) Fri 28-Jun-13 20:26:56
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
https://www.bt.com/appsconsumerordertracking/index.d...

Many thanks. I can see the sales person took down my email address incorrectly (thinks hotmail ends in .co.uk). I'll give them a call tomorrow on the number I was able to find from there.
Standard User Internaut
(newbie) Fri 28-Jun-13 20:30:26
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
0800 800 150

But how do you know it was BT who called? You may have been conned.

Strange they have started the migration w/out your bank details and written confirmation.

Who do you have your phone with? If BT, you can check on your BT online a/c.

Thanks - I couldn't be 100% sure it was BT, so I declined to give them my bank details over the phone. They are sending me a direct debit mandate in the post (old fashioned, I know, but hey, I do regular business trips to West Africa). The order is verified via BT's website now.
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 28-Jun-13 20:31:21
Print Post

In reply to a post by Internaut:
(thinks hotmail ends in .co.uk).

Some people DO have hotmail.co.uk addresses, they can exist.

James BT Infinity 2 19/09/2012 - Speeds 49 / 8.2 Mbps - Sync 53 / 9.5 Mbps @ 470m
Huawei modem -> RT-N66U -> Switch -> PC/Mac/Linux/NAS/Phone/TV - last speedtest
13 years of broadband - 1999 ntl:(512k/1M)/BTbusiness(2M)/Metronet(2M)/Bulldog(8M/16M)/BE(19M/16M)/BT FTTC(46M)
Standard User TMCR
(member) Fri 28-Jun-13 21:11:35
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

You can get a Hotmail address in many countries, not just .co.uk or .com - Just go to https://signup.live.com/signup.aspx?wa=wsignin1.0&ct... for a Hotmail.CA address for example, or change the market code at the end of that URL from EN-CA to one on http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms533052(v=v... to swap the available options smile (not all work)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Virgin Cable (L30)
  Print Thread

Jump to