User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User PaulG
(member) Tue 16-Jul-13 22:00:58
Print Post

Migrating from Xilo FTTC to BT Infinity

[link to this post]

I'm looking to migrate from Xilo FTTC to BT Infinity in the next 2 days (before current BT offer ends). As I've already got a BT fibre modem and my own dual band Asus router, can I decline the BT home hub product (and associated delivery cost). Any way to avoid the £30 BT charge for engineer coming to connect me? I'm assuming it can be done from the exchange? I believe Xilo will charge me £32 to cease and I want to try and keep the cost down if possible.
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 16-Jul-13 23:51:10
Print Post

Re: Migrating from Xilo FTTC to BT Infinity

[re: PaulG] [link to this post]

Can i ask why you are migrating from Xilo to BT as i have just ordered Fibre from Xilo myself.
Standard User PaulG
(member) Wed 17-Jul-13 07:51:46
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by time2die:
Can i ask why you are migrating from Xilo to BT as i have just ordered Fibre from Xilo myself.

Mainly cost. £8 per month saving plus BT extras like sports, wi-fi on the move, discount on BT line rental and £100 sainsbury vouchers. No complaints about Xilo service though, just not competitive enough IMHO.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Wed 17-Jul-13 07:57:31
Print Post

In reply to a post by PaulG:
I'm looking to migrate from Xilo FTTC to BT Infinity in the next 2 days (before current BT offer ends). As I've already got a BT fibre modem and my own dual band Asus router, can I decline the BT home hub product (and associated delivery cost). Any way to avoid the £30 BT charge for engineer coming to connect me? I'm assuming it can be done from the exchange? I believe Xilo will charge me £32 to cease and I want to try and keep the cost down if possible.

BT wont enforce the homehub to be used but I wouldnt mess with the install procedure, I be very surprised if they have a way to order without the managed install and homehub, its a mass user isp with its own procedures.

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012
Standard User time2die
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 17-Jul-13 08:49:13
Print Post

Ok thanks for that,Xilo are not the cheapest i agree but personally i would avoid BT like the plague .
Standard User PaulG
(member) Wed 17-Jul-13 18:12:29
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by time2die:
Ok thanks for that,Xilo are not the cheapest i agree but personally i would avoid BT like the plague .

What don't you like about BT?
  Print Thread

Jump to