User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Racehunter
(regular) Wed 17-Jul-13 10:09:04
Print Post

Current BT offers and upgrades

[link to this post]

Well, my Infinity 1 (40Gb cap) package has been a real boon to me for the last 12 months, with my usage rarely exceeding 15Gb. That is until my Son returned from Uni and now I am having to watch the monitor very closely, in fact he has caused an over limit situation as of yesterday.

I have put off upgrading the package as the problem only occurs when he is at home, so that is in the breaks between terms and I know that by accessing BT WiFi instead of the normal router access, the problem can be helped, but unfortunately, Apple TV devices and XBox wont work that way.

So, an upgrade is definitely on the cards and I was going to see if by phoning BT and upgrading that way, they would waive the (currently) £10 overuse charge. However, having seen the post about current BT offers and gift cards, I thought I should check if this only applies to new customers. If it is the case, are there any offers to tempt upgrades and renewals?

I hope someone may have the answer!

Steve
Standard User greenglide
(experienced) Wed 17-Jul-13 11:07:00
Print Post

Re: Current BT offers and upgrades

[re: Racehunter] [link to this post]

You never get the sign up goodies as an existing customer.

FTTC normally has a minimum term of 18 months or so. If you are still within this I assume you would have to pay some kind of penalty if you go elsewhere.

If you do upgrade to Infinity 2 you will have the ability to get BT Sport "free" if that is of any value to you.

You may be able to negotiate "something" from them if you try, even if it is not directly tied to the excessive usage charge.

Good luck!

(Students are a pain - arent they. We have one as well smile )

BT Infinity 2 - IP profile 77 / 20 - super fast!
Previously BE Unlimited - 21,000 Download 1,200 Upload but then moved house - 6,500 Down, 1Mb/s up - gutted!
Ex <n>ildram , been to SKY MAX - 15,225 Download
Standard User Racehunter
(regular) Wed 17-Jul-13 11:14:28
Print Post

[re: greenglide] [link to this post]

As I thought frown

I will give them a call at lunchtime and grovel..................

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User johnjburness
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 17-Jul-13 12:04:03
Print Post

[re: Racehunter] [link to this post]

Just to add, if you upgrade you will almost certainly be starting a new Contract lasting for either 12 or 18 months!

Regards,
John
Standard User Racehunter
(regular) Wed 17-Jul-13 13:53:12
Print Post

[re: johnjburness] [link to this post]

Well, I asked for a waiver and was told that as the limit had been exceeded last month as well, and that was waived, nothing could be done!

Anyway, I have now upgraded to Infinity 2 and was somewhat surprised to be told that my existing contract end date would remain (Feb 2014) A positive from the negatives so to speak.

Thanks for your comments

Steve
  Print Thread

Jump to