User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User ronm
(newbie) Fri 19-Jul-13 11:45:52
Print Post

Sainsbury Gift Card offers from BT now £40 or £60 till 31st

[link to this post]

Hi
Just wanted to point out to others:
This offer is only for customers new to BT Broadband
There is a charge of £30 for installation not listed on the More Info page
I have just last week begun an Infinity 1 package, previously on an ordinary BT Broadband package and was clearly told I did not qualify for the Gift Card or reduced rates
R
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 19-Jul-13 12:30:08
Print Post

Re: Sainsbury Gift Card offers from BT now £40 or £60 till 3

[re: ronm] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ronm:
There is a charge of £30 for installation not listed on the More Info page
Then where is it said?

Why then does it say 'Connection included', below the Sainsbury Gift Card logos?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 19-Jul-13 12:36:04
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Have added a short note in italics, our main listings have a comment to that effect already on the vouchers.

Connection is included, but then a different £30 activation charge applies. It seems connection refers to cost for a new phone line, but activation refers to the Infinity install visit.

Joys of trying to fit as much info as possible into as few words as possible.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ronm
(newbie) Fri 19-Jul-13 16:41:39
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

.......no criticism of you intended Mr Saffron.

BT advertise the same deals on their own website and don't mention there that its for new customers only.

So this is more about how tricky some of BT's marketing is - I truly thought I would qualify for the offers when I rang up - but no. It makes me feel existing customers are somewhat disadvantaged and not valued.

Also moving to the Infinity package I lost the benefit of free evening calls (inclusive with my previous BT package) as this package includes free weekend calls only. In order to retain the free evening calls I had to buy a package of free evening and weekend calls for £2 per month (thus duplicating weekend party of the deal).

So my comment to other readers is - check all the details of the deals carefully - they may not be quite the bargain you are hoping for.

Edited by ronm (Fri 19-Jul-13 16:45:41)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 19-Jul-13 17:18:10
Print Post

On the weekend only calls, a lot of telephone rental firms seem to have done this change.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 19-Jul-13 18:15:42
Print Post

Yes, I'd forgotten - I fond that out when was thinking of going to infinity. I get free evening & weekend but would have had to start a new "bundled" contract and lose that.

I went to PlusNet, keeping my existing BT phone rental. Though that wasn't my only reason for rejecting Infinity.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 51.8/16.8Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
  Print Thread

Jump to