User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Simon888
(regular) Tue 30-Jul-13 16:32:20
Print Post

Faulty HomeHub 2

[link to this post]

My HomeHub2 started to play up. WiFi kept stopped every 3 days, and router would feel like rebooting its self when ever it felt like it.

I would recommend NEVER chat to BT on their online chat box, as when I spoke to them a week later to see where my replacement hub was, it was never processed.

Spent about half an hour on the online chat box again, and eventually it got ordered. Make sure you get a order reference number from them!

It has arrived today and YAY to my work address as I knew I would not be in.

But it is a refurbished HomeHub2. OMG, so I have got a defective Hub that has been made good again. I was expecting at least a new HomeHub3.

I have been with BT Internet for the past 13 years and on Broadband for the past 11. I would have expected better for their loyal customers.

Now what are the bets I will have issues with this "fixed" HomeHub2 when I connect it. To be honest now I just feel like going out and buying a new router knowing it is new and will work!.

Just thought I would share this here!

Simon
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Tue 30-Jul-13 17:37:20
Print Post

Re: Faulty HomeHub 2

[re: Simon888] [link to this post]

How old was you original one? More than a year? If so, it is likely to be out of warranty and BT have no obligation to replace it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User ukhardy07
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 30-Jul-13 18:40:27
Print Post

[re: Simon888] [link to this post]

Usually to get a newer Hub BT ask you to either pay for it or commit to another 12 / 18 month contract.

If you got this for free without any contract extension & the HH2 was over a year old you did well.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User stniuk
(experienced) Wed 31-Jul-13 14:48:42
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

Yea my hh2 throws a wobbler every so often all wireless is lost but the ethernet to this machine still works.
Not paying for a new one so have to put up with this pos.
  Print Thread

Jump to