User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User PaulG
(member) Wed 07-Aug-13 22:12:23
Print Post

Infinity (non- homehub) router settings

[link to this post]

I'm migrating to BT Infinity tomorrow from Xilo FTTC. I've already got a BT modem and I use a Asus RT N56U router. I want to keep this setup rather than use the Homehub 4 thing that they have sent out. How do I configure my router for use with BT Infinity? The only thing I have so far is a BT email addy.

TIA.
Standard User Jaggies
(committed) Thu 08-Aug-13 02:02:14
Print Post

Re: Infinity (non- homehub) router settings

[re: PaulG] [link to this post]

You should be able to configure the Asus to work with Infinity - just change the username to <firstname>.<lastname>@btbroadband.com which should work with any password. All other router settings should remain the same.

Brian
From September 2001 on BTopenworld Home 500/Home 1000/Home 2000. Then ADSLMax on <n>ildram. Moved to ADSL2+ from ADSL24. I'm now with plusnet. I'm not saying who I work for. Any opinions expressed here are my own.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Thu 08-Aug-13 08:47:22
Print Post

[re: Jaggies] [link to this post]

The username supplied by the Home Hub is: bthomehub@btbroadband.com
There is no password, but if your router insists on one, use: BT

__________________________________________________________________________a bit harsh and a tad childish__________________

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User trolleybus
(member) Thu 08-Aug-13 09:19:00
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
The username supplied by the Home Hub is: bthomehub@btbroadband.com
There is no password, but if your router insists on one, use: BT

IMHO that only applies to the domestic service. BT Infinity for Business is a different ball game.
Standard User PaulG
(member) Thu 08-Aug-13 10:16:17
Print Post

[re: trolleybus] [link to this post]

Thanks guys, I used <username>@btinternet.com (not @btbroadband) as per the BT email address supplied and it worked fine. Switch over went smoothly and I'm fully functional again.
Standard User Jaggies
(committed) Thu 08-Aug-13 13:24:40
Print Post

[re: PaulG] [link to this post]

Either will work - (anything)@btinternet.com or (anything.else)@btbroadband.com for residential ADSL/VDSL. Business users have a specific username and password, as noted up-thread.

Brian
From September 2001 on BTopenworld Home 500/Home 1000/Home 2000. Then ADSLMax on <n>ildram. Moved to ADSL2+ from ADSL24. I'm now with plusnet. I'm not saying who I work for. Any opinions expressed here are my own.
  Print Thread

Jump to