User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ritcH
(experienced) Wed 14-Aug-13 19:26:18
Print Post

New BT Infinity connection not working

[link to this post]

Just moved into a house that had Infinity near Truro, Cornwall. The equipment hasn't changed BT disconnected the other account and said ours would be activated yesterday. It didn't work so we spent a very frustrating hour on the phone to India where all the flow charts failed and finally go through to a supervisor who told us initially everything was fine the line was active. Then said there was a fault. We got a text a couple of hours later to say the fault has been resolved but the connection still doesn't work.

The modem is plugged into the wall, Power (solid green), DSL (solid green), LAN1 (mainly solid green, the occasional flicker).

The hub is 3.0 Type B, Power (solid blue) Wireless (solid blue), Broadband (constantly flashing between orange and pink).

Tried connecting to the hub via LAN and running the automatic diagnostics. No success.

Any ideas, further information needed. The tenants before us had no issues. We don't understand what has changed.

Draytek 2820n
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Wed 14-Aug-13 19:34:25
Print Post

Re: New BT Infinity connection not working

[re: ritcH] [link to this post]

Does BT Wifi/Fon/Openzone work?

__________________________________________________________________________a bit harsh and a tad childish__________________
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 14-Aug-13 19:50:40
Print Post

In reply to a post by ritcH:
Any ideas, further information needed. The tenants before us had no issues. We don't understand what has changed.

I assume you have powered off the HomeHub and the white modem. Counted to 10 and powered on the white modem and then powered on the hub ? If you have then don't do this again as you don't want to switch off the white modem too often.

If you connect an ethernet cable from your computer to the hub, what happens when you try and access the internet?

James BT Infinity 2 19/09/2012 - Sold 42/6 - Getting 46/10 - Sync 54 / 11 Mbps @ 470m approx
14 years of broadband (ntl: cable to BT FTTC) - Router: Asus RT-N66U - Modem: Huawei HG612 speedtest

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ritcH
(experienced) Wed 14-Aug-13 20:07:57
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

Whether I connect wirelessly or via Ethernet cable I get the BT Home Hub 3 splash page saying Can't connect to broadband. I get the icons on the hub showing the same colours and a message saying there seems to be a problem. Your hub can't connect to broadband.

Draytek 2820n
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 14-Aug-13 20:38:09
Print Post

Whether I connect wirelessly or via Ethernet cable I get the BT Home Hub 3 splash page saying Can't connect to broadband. I get the icons on the hub showing the same colours and a message saying there seems to be a problem. Your hub can't connect to broadband.

Ok, and the cable is connected correctly from the back of the hub's ethernet (red) port to the ethernet port on the modem?

James BT Infinity 2 19/09/2012 - Sold 42/6 - Getting 46/10 - Sync 54 / 11 Mbps @ 470m approx
14 years of broadband (ntl: cable to BT FTTC) - Router: Asus RT-N66U - Modem: Huawei HG612 speedtest
Standard User ggremlin
(committed) Wed 14-Aug-13 20:48:11
Print Post

does the phone work?
are you taking over their number, or porting yours? or even getting a new one?
Standard User ritcH
(experienced) Wed 14-Aug-13 20:48:18
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

Yes the Ethernet cable is connected from the red port on the hub to LAN1 on the modem, it was left this way by the previous tenants and is one of the steps I have gone through with the hubs auto diagnostics.

Draytek 2820n
Standard User ritcH
(experienced) Wed 14-Aug-13 20:52:07
Print Post

[re: ggremlin] [link to this post]

We don't have a landline phone so can't check, we're not porting a number though.

Draytek 2820n
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Wed 14-Aug-13 20:54:42
Print Post

We don't have a landline phone so can't check, we're not porting a number though.
You could try plugging the modem into the PC and setting up a PPPoE connection

__________________________________________________________________________a bit harsh and a tad childish__________________
Standard User ritcH
(experienced) Wed 14-Aug-13 21:00:56
Print Post

When I eventually get through to support does anyone know if I can request to be through to a high level support team, does anyone know what they are called? Because yesterday I spent an house talking to flow chart lady and then another 30 minutes talking to her supervisor and they were trying to be helpful but unsuccessful in their endeavor, shall we say...

Draytek 2820n
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to