User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mabibby
(regular) Wed 28-Aug-13 08:53:08
Print Post

BT Infinity - Engineer No Show & No Comms!

[link to this post]

Morning,

I thought i'd just have a little rant! smile

Ordered the product, got an appointment, got my kit, took a day off work.... and guess what they didn't turn up.

I had an 8am -1pm slot, I called at 12:30 as I got a bit suspicious, they said everything was okay and they'd turn up before 1pm.

I waited until 13:30, I phoned up and all of a sudden there's an issue, they called through to engineering, and left my number. I was assured of a call back within an hour and shockingly (or not so...) it never materialised.

I understand issues occur, but comms would have been good, I shouldn't have to be chasing the appointment.

I'm sure this is quite typical and i'm another victim of a rather disjointed organisation.

Cheers
Matt

PlusNet Unlimited
Standard User TheHorseman
(knowledge is power) Wed 28-Aug-13 10:51:53
Print Post

Re: BT Infinity - Engineer No Show & No Comms!

[re: mabibby] [link to this post]

This kind of thing was happening over 2 years ago when I was connected (April 2011). It really is time OpenReach got their act together. BTs customer service is terrible as you have discovered.

It may be worth going to the BT Infinity forum and contacting the Mods there, they are at least UK based and have sorted people's problems out.

BT -> Zen -> F2S -> Bulldog -> Be* -> BT Infinity 2
Say it with flowers, give her a Triffid smile
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Wed 28-Aug-13 12:22:42
Print Post

In reply to a post by mabibby:
... and i'm another victim of a rather disjointed organisation.

Cheers
Matt

A lot of that can be blamed on OFCOM. they force BT to put in various "walls" and have specific people who can talk through them along with systems which are not allow to interface directly.

I had one case where in the past I could have spoken to person A who would contact H and H would call me however, I had to speak to A, who spoke to B who could talk to another department, Person C, who spoke with D. D spoke with another interface person, who spoke to their contact E. Could speak with another interface, F and G. G then discussed the issue with the OR person H. The problem had to go back forward several times and took 4 days and 8 people in BT whereas before it would have been 15 minutes and 1 or 2 people. That is one reason why errors happen and it seems disjointed - but then think of the costs. BT would love to get rid of all teh hassle but OFCOM say no.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User TMCR
(member) Wed 28-Aug-13 13:18:03
Print Post

And here's me thinking they are a communications company... frown

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Virgin Cable (L30)
ISP Representative BT_Care
(isp) Wed 28-Aug-13 16:59:00
Print Post

Re:BT Infinity - Engineer No Show No Comms!

Hi mabibby,

I'm sorry your appointment to install BT Infinity was missed. I can help sort everything out from here. You can use this link to get in touch with us http://bit.ly/yLo0g7

Whenever we've received your details we'll take it from there.

Thanks,

Robbie
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Wed 28-Aug-13 17:50:57
Print Post

I was chatting on the phone with a British lad at BT Retail "customer options" (or a similar named dept.) the other day and he informed me that the only way they could communicate with Openreach was via email...
Standard User mabibby
(regular) Wed 28-Aug-13 18:20:10
Print Post

As much as I like to shame an organisations when they make mistake, I'll now explain how to my surprise they rectified the situation to my complete satisfaction.

I called them this morning and the system automatically put me through the "Priority Care" team at the UK.

A rather nice lady organised an engineer visit for today (which was attended) and credited my account with a months free service.

Furthermore, I got an actual OR permie engineer and not a contractor. He moved my master socket as I wanted and set it all up. I got 50mb at 600-700 meters, so I say that's a result.

PlusNet Unlimited
Standard User LJ_
(regular) Fri 30-Aug-13 17:46:04
Print Post

I am fuming reading this.

I was supposed to have an Infinity install (Home Move) on Wednesday. As my phone line still wasn't live that the morning (was supposed to be live last Friday) I called BT, to be told that the Infinity order had been cancelled and no engineer would be attending.

I've been through 3 days of utter nonsense with them, culminating in my being picked up by a "complex case" team who at least have direct lines and email addresses. But they have today claimed to me that the very first installation that BT plc could possibly arrange is Tuesday morning, which I simply couldn't make myself available for and they had the cheek to sound indignant about that. I told them on Wednesday morning that I would make myself available this Wednesday through to Saturday anytime, and have taken leave to be home. I've been let down on promises made all 3 days and then they say "well, we could have sorted you out on Tuesday, but you said you couldn't do that" as if I should be apologising to them.

So I now have an engineer appointment for next Thursday which BT claim is the absolute first appointment that could possibly be scheduled other than the Tuesday morning.

I'm delighted for you that they managed to get someone out on the same day to do your install, but irate that apparently I didn't merit the same treatment.

After 3 years with BT I would genuinely advise people to avoid them. The level of customer service is appalling. Shambles doesn't begin to describe their internal processes.
Standard User mabibby
(regular) Tue 03-Sep-13 21:41:23
Print Post

[re: LJ_] [link to this post]

That is terrible!

As much as it doesn't help, I think it totally depends on the amount of engineering resource in your area.

The engineer who visited for my install was up from Essex with a group of other guys to take on an increased workload in my area. They were working until 9pm-10pm on overtime.

This suggests BT are struggling to train OR engineers quick enough to satisfy demand for provisions and FTTC conversions.

PlusNet Unlimited
Standard User LJ_
(regular) Wed 04-Sep-13 10:10:34
Print Post

Ironically, I'm in Essex so seems you got the engineer I could have got tongue
  Print Thread

Jump to