User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User The_Voyager
(committed) Sat 31-Aug-13 10:04:34
Print Post

BT are starting to annoy me - RANT

[link to this post]

I have been with BT for Line all my life and for telephone service for most of it, only moved back for Internet a couple of years ago, and have no problem with their Infinity2 service.

BUT They fall down in their Tech and customer service very badly.
at the beginning of the year I ordered YouView from them then decided in April I wanted the unlimited package, expecting the extra channels, not available then on YouView only BT Vision boxes but will be available in Summer, come September and they mysteriously appeared on my box, so tried to view them, but told I had to upgrade so called the number shown, but told they couldn't do it, try again later when they have sorted out the problem, in meantime I have tried to upgrade online but no success, went back to them yesterday and after spending over an hour on the phone with both the ordering team, and tech support both of whom couldn't work out why they couldn't add the extra package, they have finally sent my query to the exceptions team, who are going to update the software on my box ???? which should happen by next Friday, when I should then try and re-order.

My other gripe is BT Cloud which I deem to be totally unfit for purpose, I have complained in the Community forum which is supposed to be moderated, but none of the mods seem to be active in it and the link to email the mods now just redirects you to comment on the community - HaHaHa

Using the desktop software you cannot select folders to upload and only 1 file at a time, what use is that, it should work in the same way as Dropbox etc. and if you happen to use their selection of folders to upload e.g: My Documents etc, and you have file open it will leave loads of .dot files in your sub-directories.

I sent a clearly worded email off to their complaints dept. yesterday and will see if they deem to reply

End of RANT smile

Bob WRBRIX
BT Infinity 2 - Fritz! 7390 ~ Sync 79.99/20 Mbits Actual 76.27/19.69 Mbits @ 320m
DialUp to CIX, BT Home Highway+CIX, ADSL1 Nildram, ADSL2 SKY & Be*Unlimited
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Sat 31-Aug-13 10:58:38
Print Post

Re: BT are starting to annoy me - RANT

[re: The_Voyager] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by The_Voyager:
Using the desktop software you cannot select folders to upload

You can. What you do is "Add files or folders", go into a folder, then click "Open" while the "File name" area is empty.

Oliver.
(committed) Sat 31-Aug-13 11:36:33
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

Well after trying this a few times I have now found out what the problem is, the folder name had a space in it and this was causing the software to ignore the folder, all it would do was sit at the open screen, deleting the space from the folder name made it work, so that's another gripe, Amazon and Google actually name their folders with a space in them.

Bob WRBRIX
BT Infinity 2 - Fritz! 7390 ~ Sync 79.99/20 Mbits Actual 76.27/19.69 Mbits @ 320m

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Sat 31-Aug-13 15:24:02
Print Post

[re: The_Voyager] [link to this post]

Be grateful you can get infinity 2 - or any FTTC at all!
(committed) Sat 31-Aug-13 17:46:10
Print Post

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

We can't all get Virgin Media either...

Bob WRBRIX
  Print Thread

Jump to