User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User MattJessop
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 06-Sep-13 12:51:07
Print Post

Only exchange in the area not Under Evaluation

[link to this post]

All (and I mean ALL) the exchanges around me are "Under Evaluation" for infinity. However the exchange I am on (Huxley) in shown as "NC".

Can I do anything about this ? Who do I complain to ?

Thanks

Matt
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 06-Sep-13 13:04:59
Print Post

Re: Only exchange in the area not Under Evaluation

[re: MattJessop] [link to this post]

Huxley as in West Cheshire?

In which case looks fairly small and rural, so no surprise to not be in the commercial roll-out.

With a 96% target it may be they are evaluating the ones most likely as part of the project, looks that way from looking at the Where and When website. With UE status no guarantee you will get service, if the costs are low at the other exchanges they might look at enabling your exchange in future, or not enable the exchange but run the fibre from Tattenhall perhaps.

The age old problem of someone has to be in the small percentage not covered when there is limited funding.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User MattJessop
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 08-Sep-13 16:33:51
Print Post

Re: Only exchange in the area not Under Evaluation

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Hey Andrew

Yes Huxley in West Cheshire and yes, it's tiny. My bro-in-law (who lives down the road) has gone down the sat route but the lag is ridiculous until it 'gets going'. I currently get about 3Mb/S so I guess I am going to have to lump it for now !

Thanks for coming back

Matt

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to