User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User giannisawyer
(newbie) Sun 08-Sep-13 12:12:37
Print Post

BT infinity IP profile stuck at 1.93?

[link to this post]

Hi All,

just after some quick bits of advice if possible;

I had a complete BT package installed on the 26th July - TV, Phone and Infinity.

It was all working fine until the broadbanc started to drop very frequently which led me to discover that I had a fault with the phone line (no dial tone). The phone line has since been fixed, which turned out that the original engineer that installed the set up had stapled through a cable when attaching it to some skirting!

I'm now all back up and running, but when I have been checking my speed it is showing that my IP profile has been set to 1.93 for download and 20 for upload. I am on the top infinity package so I am guessing that my download IP profile should be set to 80? (I completely understand that I am not expecting to get 80mbps as my final connection)

What is the best way to go about sorting out my IP profile? Is this something that can be picked up by the mods? Or is there a current contact form that I can use?

I have read a lot about DLM, but it seems as if this issue needs some intervention.

Appreciate any comments or feedback on this.

Cheers, Gianni
(newbie) Sun 08-Sep-13 12:13:43
Print Post

Re: BT infinity IP profile stuck at 1.93?

[re: giannisawyer] [link to this post]

The added pain to this is that because my connection is so slow I can't use any of the streaming TV services I have signed up to. Keep getting error messages to check my connection!
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 08-Sep-13 12:25:26
Print Post

Assuming you have the HomeHub AND the white modem, try switching the HomeHub off for 1 minute, then turn it on again. Don't power off the modem.

James BT Infinity 2 19/09/2012 - Sold 42/6 - Getting 46/8 - Sync 50 / 9 Mbps @ 470m approx
14 years of broadband (ntl: cable to BT FTTC) - Router: Asus RT-N66U - Modem: Huawei HG612 speedtest

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 08-Sep-13 14:06:32
Print Post

The IP profile should be a direct result of your sync speed, so if that has improved then the IP profile should have improved, no concept of a stuck IP profile on FTTC.

Alas the modem is locked down so you cannot see the connection stats (they can be jail broken to do so if you dare).

Basically restart modem and router in the first instance to ensure it is doing its best, and if no improvements time to chase support. If the wiring was sorted out by an engineer visit to fix the stapled cable, then it should have been done after that really.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(newbie) Sun 08-Sep-13 19:48:17
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Just a quick one to say that an engineer turned up today and reset my IP profiles and everything is working as it should be again.

A small victory for the little guy.

Thanks all for your replies

Gianni
  Print Thread

Jump to