User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Wed 11-Sep-13 17:29:56
Print Post

BT spying on the Raspberry Pi Foundation

[link to this post]

Looks like BT are up to their old Phorm tricks again frown

This time it's the co-founder of the Raspberry Pi foundation:
#BT has put a block on my home email account until I agree for all my emails to be scanned for advertising purposes. Shocking.

__________________________________________________________________________a bit harsh and a tad childish__________________
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Thu 12-Sep-13 13:07:46
Print Post

Re: BT spying on the Raspberry Pi Foundation

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Doesn't sound like Phorm to me. Sounds like he is using a BT hosted email service and that BT are using advertising services via it. If he was using a 3rd party email service then I would assume it wouldn't have happened.

So, nothing to do with Phorm - this is the same as google and others do. If he doesn't like it he can always move to a different email host.
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Thu 12-Sep-13 14:55:42
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Probably a dispute over clause 2.6

2.6 The Services use automated scanning of your email messages (including archived messages) and other messages that are archived (including instant messages) to enable spam and malware detection and to enable delivery of enhanced product features (such as applications to handle attachments) that you may find useful. The information gathered during this analysis is not used for interest matched advertising.

Oliver.

Edited by Oliver341 (Thu 12-Sep-13 14:56:37)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 13-Sep-13 13:25:39
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

Storm in a teacup?

Methinks he doth protest too much.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
  Print Thread

Jump to