User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User thar
(experienced) Tue 17-Sep-13 16:26:59
Print Post

Can't get IP profile info from BT Wholesale speedtest?

[link to this post]

I'm on Infinity 2 and can't access the line stats unless I hack the modem. I use BT Wholesale speedtest to get profile info and the result comes out with download/upload speed info and -

IP profile for your line is

For a week or so now, I've been unable to get the profile info and keep getting -

Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information.

This doesn't give me the profile info I want.

Is it the tester, or is it me?

be* -> May 2013 BT Infinity 2 IP Profile 77.44 Mbps D/L 75.38 Mbps U/L 16.61 Mbps
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 17-Sep-13 17:48:53
Print Post

Re: Can't get IP profile info from BT Wholesale speedtest?

[re: thar] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by thar:
Is it the tester, or is it me?

Is Java working in your browser? Try www.javatester.org to er test!

James BT Infinity 2 19/09/2012 - Sold 42/6 - Getting 46/8 - Sync 50 / 9 Mbps @ 470m approx
14 years of broadband (ntl: cable to BT FTTC) - Router: Asus RT-N66U - Modem: Huawei HG612 speedtest
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Tue 17-Sep-13 17:54:04
Print Post

It's the tester. It doesn't use Java.

__________________________________________________________________________a bit harsh and a tad childish__________________

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 17-Sep-13 19:10:34
Print Post

Can you get it from here: http://windows.mouselike.org/be/?DoAction=BrasChecker ? Maybe it does it differently.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User captain666
(regular) Tue 17-Sep-13 19:50:49
Print Post

I've just tried it and had no issues. Try clearing your internet cache or try using another internet browser as I've had these issues in the past
Standard User thar
(experienced) Tue 17-Sep-13 20:39:50
Print Post

[re: captain666] [link to this post]

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Java is up to date and working.

I tried the other link and got -

Looks like BT refused to test, possibly because a speed test or BRAS check has been run recently which prevents this tool from working. Try again in a few hours.
Debug: BT no BRAS info

I tried another browser and got the same.

I'm not really having any issues, it's just that my profile dropped very slightly a few weeks ago and I was just interested to see what it was now.

I'll try again over the next few days. Thanks again.

be* -> May 2013 BT Infinity 2 IP Profile 77.44 Mbps D/L 75.38 Mbps U/L 16.61 Mbps
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 17-Sep-13 21:31:43
Print Post

In reply to a post by thar:
Debug: BT no BRAS info
Looks like it won't give Profile even if you wait few hours. Usually get when it been run recently:
Debug: Test already run recently

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
  Print Thread

Jump to