User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User janitor
(experienced) Sat 12-Oct-13 20:27:06
Print Post

Should I inform BT I'm migrating

[link to this post]

From Monday I will be with sky for home phone and broadband, do I need to inform bt I have left, every time I have migrated in the past I have received a sorry you are leaving us letter, but I have had nothing from bt, I moved from post office to bt two years ago, and post office had no idea I had left, despite sending me a sorry you are leaving letter, so am getting a bit worried.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 14-Oct-13 09:32:47
Print Post

Re: Should I inform BT I'm migrating

[re: janitor] [link to this post]

If the Notification of Transfer letter for the phone line has not been triggered then I would not be surprised if the migration failed.

If it does work and you have a 30 day notice period on your BT contract it will only apply once they know about the move - so might be sensible to say you are migrating

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User janitor
(experienced) Mon 14-Oct-13 21:02:04
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thank you, I phoned them today, and they say they sent the letter on the 29th of September so I suppose it's lost in the post, so would the 30 days start today the day of migration or the 29th the day they were notified.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 14-Oct-13 21:50:00
Print Post

[re: janitor] [link to this post]

It should be the date they were notified, or perhaps the date the letter was sent.

There is no requirement to reply to the letter if you wish the transfer to proceed. You only reply if you didn't order it from the acquiring CP, and request BT not to release it. It's an anti-slamming system like the MAC for broadband.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 55.8/14.5Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 14-Oct-13 22:48:42
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
It should be the date they were notified, or perhaps the date the letter was sent.
Only if BT is prepared to be flexible. Strictly the onus is on the subscriber to give 14 days notice:
If you are switching to another provider through an approved process, the notice you must give us will be 14 days.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User janitor
(experienced) Tue 15-Oct-13 19:40:57
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Thank you all, I contacted BT on Monday and all seems to be going well, the migration happened when it should have done.
  Print Thread

Jump to