User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User nevans
(member) Fri 25-Oct-13 13:10:20
Print Post

BT HH3-Business, and static routes

[link to this post]

I've just had a very frustrating morning, trying to implement a new network infrastructure at my friends business. It consists of two cisco small business switches, with two VLANs configured. I tested the whole setup at home, using my netgear switch, configured with two static routes pointing to the two VLANs, and all worked perfectly. Transferred the switches to their new home, configured the two static routes on the HH3, did loads of internal tests and all was well, but no device could access the internet. A tracert to an external website correctly found the IP address through DNS, passed through the VLAN gateway, and on to the HH3 as its next hop.......but then stops. It's as though the HH3 doesn't know about the static routes, yet I can ping from the HH3 to any PC on another VLAN.

Should I just bin the HH3, and put in the same netgear switch as I tested with, or is there something deep and dirty that I've missed on the HH3?
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Fri 25-Oct-13 13:41:25
Print Post

Re: BT HH3-Business, and static routes

[re: nevans] [link to this post]

Just bin it and use what you tested.

__________________________________________________________________________a bit harsh and a tad childish__________________
  Print Thread

Jump to