User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User jmutter
(newbie) Thu 31-Oct-13 17:42:26
Print Post

BT Infinity and Chromecast

[link to this post]

Has anyone been able to get a Chromecast working with the BT hub. Everything seems to be installed correctly but when I try to 'cast' or stream I get a message that says no cast devices found.

Understand from the US Chromecast forums that some router setting may have to be changed and wondered if anyone has any success in making these devices work with the BT Infinity setup?
Standard User robertcrowther
(member) Fri 01-Nov-13 10:28:12
Print Post

Re: BT Infinity and Chromecast

[re: jmutter] [link to this post]

I maybe wrong, but I was under the impression that Chromecast was only working in the US at the moment

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/features/digital-home/346...
Standard User jmutter
(newbie) Fri 01-Nov-13 11:07:57
Print Post

[re: robertcrowther] [link to this post]

Only being sold in the US at the moment, but obtainable over here - even through Amazon - and people have them up and running here......but can't find anyone using one with BT.....

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Fri 01-Nov-13 12:24:16
Print Post

The Homehub is an odd router - all locked down and mostly broken. I guess you saw this? https://support.google.com/chromecast/table/3477832?...

______________________________________________________________________________________Go_girl!__________________
Standard User jmutter
(newbie) Fri 01-Nov-13 12:31:10
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
The Homehub is an odd router - all locked down and mostly broken. I guess you saw this? https://support.google.com/chromecast/table/3477832?...

Yes!! Seen that, but obvious does not yet mention the Homehub!

Still tinkering, and it's very frustrating!
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Fri 01-Nov-13 12:34:38
Print Post

Have you tried UPNP off?

Have you tried putting the Chromecast in the DMZ of the Homehub?

______________________________________________________________________________________Go_girl!__________________
Standard User Ermintrudethecow
(newbie) Thu 06-Feb-14 20:57:29
Print Post

I have a BT home hub 3 plus infinity. Casting from a chrome browser on a windows 8.1 laptop works fine.
From my phone (A Nexus 5) the picture works but no sound comes through the home cinema amp.
The sound does come through the TV speakers if a turn them up and mute the Amp. Can't be bothered to tweak my home cinema connections to get the phone to work so am happy with it as it is
  Print Thread

Jump to