User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User AndrewW
(member) Mon 04-Nov-13 09:58:47
Print Post

Help- Been Slammed

[link to this post]

Hopefully someone can help

Someone I know received a letter from BT saying their line was going to be taken over by another company. This person called to report that this was an error, and as I understand it BT said they would fix it.

However this did not happen and the person now has a different number. (don't knwo why)

BT are saying they need to cancel the contract and then set up a new contract before they can regain the line, but the phone number is now lost.

This person moved to BT for BT sports, has broadband and also paid for easy line saver.

Currently they are not receiving much help from BT.

What’s the best way to get this situation fixed & get their phone number back (I believe they are archived for 6 months)?

Also who currently pays their bill?

What will happen to their free BT sports via Sky?

If the line has been moved with out their permission what happens to their easy line saver rental. As I know if you actually request this you loose the easy line saver.

They also have no Broadband.

Andrew
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Mon 04-Nov-13 11:54:46
Print Post

Re: Help- Been Slammed

[re: AndrewW] [link to this post]

You could try contacting BT Care via this web form. They have been known to take extra steps to help resolve things.
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Tue 05-Nov-13 13:38:44
Print Post

Which company has taken over ? Is it a well known one? Firing a letter at the CEO might work.

And tell them NOT to pay any bills from the slamming company and ensure any potential direct debit is cancelled.

As for the number, they may be able to recover it. BT does still hold numbers for a short while before re-allocation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit

Edited by MHC (Tue 05-Nov-13 13:39:53)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Tue 05-Nov-13 14:11:22
Print Post

does http://www.phonecodeinfo.co.uk/ or a similar resource identify who holds the new number ? what happens if they dial 17070 - this may identify who the provider is as Sky & TT run different services to BT

--

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
  Print Thread

Jump to