User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User bowdon
(regular) Thu 14-Nov-13 23:47:34
Print Post

Can I select Infinity broadband only with BT?

[link to this post]

After reading on the Be forum about Sky sending out letters with false promises (as many was predicting might happen), and an apparently 1 month to decide if people want to move to Sky or go somewhere else. I thought I'd weight up some options.

BT's Infinity is the best place I've found so far. But as I only pay for my broadband connection (live with parents), I've looked on the BT Infinity site and there doesnt seem to be an Infinity option only. They seem to try and bundle it with phones and / or a tv package.

So have I missed the option for broadband only or is this true that they are forcing people to take their phone and/or tv deal?

Freeserve -> Pipex -> Be
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Thu 14-Nov-13 23:55:51
Print Post

Re: Can I select Infinity broadband only with BT?

[re: bowdon] [link to this post]

Yes you have to buy a phone and internet package. Other ISPs do FTTC-only though, like Zen, Plusnet, IDNet....

______________________________________________________________________________________Go_girl!__________________
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 15-Nov-13 00:42:37
Print Post

[re: bowdon] [link to this post]

According to Which? BT will do BB Only ordered over the phone. But when I phoned them they said only if you have phone with someone else.

Can't you come to some arrangement with your parents to take the combined package and split the costs? Trouble is your parents will be forced to start a new contract and will lose any reductions they might have, if any, like old lower priced Calling Plan.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MHC
(sensei) Fri 15-Nov-13 01:10:40
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Wrong.

You can have two separate BT packages - one for phone and one for broadband. I pay my residential phone line and my company pays for my broadband. Separate accounts, separate contract dates and no links between them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 15-Nov-13 01:12:32
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

But you are on Business Broadband.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.2/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Fri 15-Nov-13 01:27:48
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Even with Residential you can still get a Broadband only service from BT.

M H C

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 15-Nov-13 02:21:32
Print Post

They refused me. Had the merge the 2, start new contract, lose my discounts and, worst of all, pay £7 pm for Anytime instead of £5.15.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Fri 15-Nov-13 09:17:58
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

I know two or three where they have both BT Broadband and phone on separate residential contracts and even though it might be cheaper to go far a package they refuse.

M H C

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 15-Nov-13 09:21:48
Print Post

Their stance is hardening I believe on this.

It used to be possible to find the bb only (i.e. anyones WLR) option on the website, but no longer possible. Whats good for TalkTalk and Sky is seen as good for BT Retail.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User johnjburness
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 15-Nov-13 10:43:42
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Their stance is hardening I believe on this.

It used to be possible to find the bb only (i.e. anyones WLR) option on the website, but no longer possible. Whats good for TalkTalk and Sky is seen as good for BT Retail.

I find it strange that "Linked-Sales" are deemed to be acceptable, within Phone/BB provision, when they are generally considered to be unacceptable in the rest of the Consumer-Market.

Regards,
John
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to