User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User coxswain
(newbie) Tue 26-Nov-13 16:59:31
Print Post

Was on Infinity 2 -today ?

[link to this post]

Hi Guys

I was happy on a stuck profile of 55mbs now for some reason i am on a stuck profile of 39mbs with a download on 9mbs. the btonpereach van did a job to the post today and to a nieughbour across the road this is what i get now

FAQ
Results Image not loaded

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download Speed
39.92 Mbps

0 Mbps 39.62 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 39.92 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 16 Mbps-39.62 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 39.62 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
9.04 Mbps

0 Mbps 20 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 9.04Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps

We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time.
It is possible that any problem you are currently, or had previously experienced may have been caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or by the server you were accessing responding slowly.
If you continue to encounter a problem with a specific server, please contact the administrator of that server in the first instance.

Please visit the FAQ if you are unable to understand the test results.

Surely sumit wrong i was on to bt after a test taking 20 mins on the line they say a fault and it would be sorted within 36 hours but this should not have happend in the 1st place has anyone got insite to this or can point me to a phone number hopefully english person on the line or should i say british thanks in advance
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Tue 26-Nov-13 18:48:03
Print Post

Re: Was on Infinity 2 -today ?

[re: coxswain] [link to this post]

Looks like DLM took an interest probably as a result of a disturbance on your line due to your neighbour's installation. It should recover in a few days - you're already downloading faster than your IP Profile which is a good sign.

______________________________________________________________________________________Go_girl!__________________
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 26-Nov-13 23:22:47
Print Post

Re: Was on Infinity 2 -today ?

[re: coxswain] [link to this post]

Have you power-cycled the Openreach modem? If not, do so, but leave it off for a couple of minutes.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to