User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 09-Dec-13 22:28:56
Print Post

Pre-registering for free caller display may have not worked

[link to this post]

Someone I know pre-registered for free caller display but it may have not worked. On logging in to their calling features management page, "BT Privacy with Caller Display free for 12 months" is not ticked.

Probably best if everyone who pre-registered checks their own settings:

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProduc...

Is anyone else who has pre-registered for free caller display seeing that they are not in fact registered for free caller display in the control panel?

Oliver.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Mon 09-Dec-13 23:12:07
Print Post

Re: Pre-registering for free caller display may have not wor

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

why am I not surprised.

with the recontracting that happened at the start of year, most who recontracted to change to true unlimited were seeing no changes in their BT panel on the website but staff said the change was active and called it "it glitches" smile

I think to this day my panel still doesnt show the right infinity product.

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012 - BQM

Edited by Chrysalis (Mon 09-Dec-13 23:12:24)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 09-Dec-13 23:55:04
Print Post

And I forgot all about doing it frown frown.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 10-Dec-13 00:15:12
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:

Judging by the order form, you can do it at any time.

Oliver.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 10-Dec-13 00:32:33
Print Post

I have pre-registered 3 lines for Free BT Privacy with Caller Display for 12 months, but they all don't have that option ticked yet, but instead still this one:
BT Privacy at Home with Caller Display

BT Privacy at Home includes Caller Display and the Telephone Preference Service (TPS) to help prevent unwanted sales calls. From 4 January 2014, the price will be £1.75 a month.
However I would not expect it to take effect yet. The invitation to pre-register said it would take effect some time after the deadline (6th Dec as I remember it but no longer accessible) and I would hope it will take place on the 4 Jan, or as close as, so as to shorten as much as poss the chargeable period after the 12 months.

At least we now know that if it hasn't appeared by late 3rd Jan, we can do it ourselves.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 10-Dec-13 00:39:55
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
But do you have the (unticked) option 'BT Privacy with Caller Display free for 12 months' under your Calling Features?

If so, you can do it at any time and it will prove that pre-registering did not have any effect.

If not, then it must be only offered to those of us who pre-registered and it will prove that pre-registering did have an effect.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 10-Dec-13 03:15:06
Print Post

Thanks for drawing this to my attention. Did not expect pre-registering to turn up in this way.

Standard User John_ON
(knowledge is power) Tue 10-Dec-13 10:01:25
Print Post

Thanks for the heads up.

More confusion. I kept a screenshot from when I pre-registered on 22nd October and it says "We will send you confirmation when the product is added to your account which can be anytime up to 4th January 2014"

So, it's possible the previous pre-register has taken effect but it hasn't been added to the account yet.

I've just applied for it again but it's annoying because it (possibly) keeps pushing the new 12 month contract further on.

John.

RouterStatsHub Beta Line monitoring tool for the Home Hub 3

ISP:BT (Infinity 1 - 37.6/8.4Mbps)
Standard User radiomarko
(experienced) Tue 10-Dec-13 10:07:16
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

I did indeed pre-register, that unticked option was available just now - seems like a typical BT way of doing things. 8/

-.-. --.-
BT ADSL2+, Billion 7800N, online since 1987. Macs since 1979. Dreambox fun. Advanced Radio Amateur Licence and an anorak.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 10-Dec-13 10:30:42
Print Post

[re: John_ON] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by John_ON:
So, it's possible the previous pre-register has taken effect but it hasn't been added to the account yet.
In a sense it has been added to our a/c's by making it available under our Calling Features. Maybe that is all BT intended pre-registration to do. We need to find out if someone who never pre-registered and had BT Privacy + Caller ID previously now has that 12 month option in their list?
In reply to a post by John_ON:
I've just applied for it again but it's annoying because it (possibly) keeps pushing the new 12 month contract further on.
How can you apply for it again now? That bt.com/freecallerdisplay link no longer takes you to pre-registration but to starting an ordinary Calling Features Order. Or do you mean you ticked the 12m option?

Don't you want to delay the 12m contract towards 4th Jan as you will already have free BT Privacy + Caller ID until then?

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to