User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User lcdman
(member) Mon 16-Dec-13 21:54:48
Print Post

BT bl**dy useless

[link to this post]

Made a complete horlicks of enabling my broadband today! Lost my phone line entirely & callers get through to a totally different number, albeit in the same town!
Standard User professor973
(experienced) Tue 17-Dec-13 00:13:02
Print Post

Re: BT bl**dy useless

[re: lcdman] [link to this post]

You are not the first and will not be the last.

Zen Home Talk Plus - Freeola Family Broadband.
http://speedtest.net/result/2690543838.png
Standard User lcdman
(member) Tue 17-Dec-13 19:01:31
Print Post

After getting bog all sense out of India I've gone upstairs to the CEOs office and an almost immediate response. Should get [censored] sorted now.....

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 17-Dec-13 19:10:59
Print Post

What address did you use?

gavin.patterson@bt.com, or something else?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User lcdman
(member) Tue 17-Dec-13 19:24:24
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

i used gavin.e.patterson@bt.com . Had a reply inside 10 minutes and a phone call inside 20.
We're speaking again tomorrow , me and the chap from the Chairman and Chief Executive's Service Team (BT Retail). I won't name him, it wouldn't be fair as many people know the BT email format and I don't want him deluged - whilst the CEO gets paid so much i don't care if you email him...
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 17-Dec-13 20:06:51
Print Post

Great, thanks - I didn't expect the "e" in the middle smile. Maybe there's more than one GP.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User lcdman
(member) Wed 18-Dec-13 16:38:18
Print Post

Had call from the Openreach engineer at 11:15 - it was all sorted by 12:00. now why couldn't they have done that yesterday, after all it was their cock-up....
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Wed 18-Dec-13 19:21:34
Print Post

In reply to a post by lcdman:
Had call from the Openreach engineer at 11:15 - it was all sorted by 12:00. now why couldn't they have done that yesterday, after all it was their cock-up....

There outsourced overseas based outfit that they call customer support is a joke at the customers expence, they are unable to sort out the most of basic requests, resulting in executive level complaints doing the job for them,

Why BT haven't carried out their plan to bring customer support back to the uk i don't know, they certainly charge the customer a premium compared to some other providers , Just maybe if they binned the current overseas outfit, and offered uk based support again they may see an increase in customers ,but maybe not

Edited by tommy45 (Wed 18-Dec-13 19:22:43)

Standard User GeoffB
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 18-Dec-13 20:16:40
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

The chat helpline responds very quickly and has helped me out several times - all Indian names but they know what they're doing on the technical side. Why is overseas necessarily worse than British? The 0800 number gets you through to India too, but again very good, IMHO.

Dell Studio1558 with Win7 Home Premium
8GB RAM
IE10 and Live Mail
BT Infinity via HH3
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Wed 18-Dec-13 20:24:23
Print Post

[re: GeoffB] [link to this post]

Each time that i have needed to contact that sad excuse they regard as support , i have had to escalate to ELC because the dumb a** who i spoke to couldn't do the job, there support is not fit for purpose , and the last time i had to call them was regarding a simple billing error on their part , they failed to sort it after telling me that they would,
As for overseas support being worse than a British, based I did not say that , but seeing as you brought it up :
The language difference and their lack of understanding it properly is one major part of it, Secondly i wasn't referring to the technical support but customer support for voice services , every time that i have needed their help they have in some way failed,mis-understood the basic English that i spoke to them, not only that ,the company is called British telecom after all, And employing cheap labour in a foreign country does nothing for our economy either
As for their online chat, it's not easliy accessable if your broadband isnt working ,not that i personally would ever need to contact bt retail regarding broadband as i would never choose them as my ISP

Edited by tommy45 (Wed 18-Dec-13 20:36:59)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to