User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User GeoffB
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 18-Dec-13 17:27:14
Print Post

Email not working

[link to this post]

Is anyone else getting an error message when they try to access their email? (Wednesday 5.15pm)

Dell Studio1558 with Win7 Home Premium
8GB RAM
IE10 and Live Mail
BT Infinity via HH3
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Thu 19-Dec-13 18:19:00
Print Post

Re: Email not working

[re: GeoffB] [link to this post]

All my accounts are fine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User barbarahaighton
(newbie) Thu 19-Dec-13 23:36:12
Print Post

Since I had BT Infinity installed on 10th Dec it has been far SLOWER 3.12 at present when it was supposed to be much improved I was getting 4+ with Broadband and BTHub 4. Now I have Hub 5, and had to buy a Wireless router as well. (even though I phoned up first and BT said I did not have to) The worst thing is I can no longer use my email programme of Incredimail - it will not accept my password. Yahoo.com is useless nothing comes that way and the window is useless - there isn't even a tab to "send and receive". Outlook has never worked. BTmail password will not be accepted. I have had 3 BT personel help me. THe last one took over my screen sorted everything with new passwords. It lasted long enough to get emails including the information that a relative had died, then it all went back to not working again. Why am I paying for All this when it doesn't work. I never wanted Infinity in the first place, BT told me we all have to have it now. What use it to me if I have no email s in or out! No good replying to my email address - I can't get emails!!"!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 20-Dec-13 01:21:24
Print Post

[re: barbarahaighton] [link to this post]

Your BB has nowt to do with your emails and its passwords.

There is no reason for BT to force Infinity on you. They still do ADSL BB.

Yahoo.com is a Webmail and won't have a 'send and receive' button cuz it is co-resident with its email server. Only email clients have a 'send and receive' button cuz they have to drag the emails from email servers to your PC. Have you tried the native email client on your PC? Like, if Windows, Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Mail or Windows Live Mail?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Edited by XRaySpeX (Fri 20-Dec-13 01:28:12)

Standard User GeoffB
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 20-Dec-13 14:50:36
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

The girl in India said that they'd had major problems on Wednesday. I suspect that most people on this forum use an email client and weren't affected by the webmail access page problems. All OK now.

Dell Studio1558 with Win7 Home Premium
8GB RAM
IE10 and Live Mail
BT Infinity via HH3
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 20-Dec-13 14:55:12
Print Post

In reply to a post by GeoffB:
I suspect that most people on this forum use an email client
Not this one: http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/bt/f/4290308-bt-ema... and appears reluctant to take advice to change.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
  Print Thread

Jump to